At MD Anderson, we’re looking for talented individuals eager to use their professional skills to assist the institution in furthering its mission to end cancer.
Are you ready to join the team? Will you be here when we cure cancer?
Have you applied with us prior to Jan. 15, 2016? Before submitting your next application, read more.
When applying for a position at MD Anderson, follow these steps for best optimization:
- View our career opportunities by clicking “Search Current Openings” on the left-hand side.
- Enter a keyword, then click “Search.”
- Click the “Apply for Job” button once you've found a position of interest.
- Check your email for status updates and by clicking on the “My Submissions” box.
As part of the recruitment process, you may be asked to complete an assessment when applying to a position. Please be sure to check your email if you decide to take the assessment at a later time. Your successful assessment results will be active for a year in our current system. If you experience technical issues with the assessment, CEB’s SHL Technical Support team is available weekdays 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. EST.
- Visit http://service.shl.com/s2p-candidates/
- Email helpdeskUS@shl.com
- Call 1-800-899-7451, Option 1 for Technical Support
The testing process is designed to measure various skills and abilities that are important to performing clerical, secretarial, and technical jobs including:
- Administrative and secretarial positions
- Patient and public contact positions
- Clerk and information management positions
- Data entry operators
- Business and accounting positions
- Pharmacy and medical technicians
- Medical transcriptionists
Uploading your resume is highly recommended. Things to keep in mind when preparing your resume:
- Be sure your contact information is current
- Avoid non-standard fonts and bullets
- Avoid columns
- Place headings in all caps such as Education, Experience, Certifications, etc.
Our recruiters regularly search this database to locate qualified applicants for open jobs. Searches are done by keywords and phrases that describe the skills required for each job. It is important, therefore, that resumes include terms and familiar industry acronyms for all relevant skills and experience that could be of value in a position at MD Anderson.
Content tips to maximize “hits” in our resume tracking database:
- Use enough key words to define your skills, experience, education, professional affiliations, etc.
- Describe your experience with concrete words
- Use more than one page if necessary to include all relevant job experience
- Use jargon and acronyms specific to your industry. Make sure you list appropriate certifications and/or licenses
- If you are not sure if the appropriate key words are part of the text, add a paragraph of key words to the bottom of your resume
Not only will you be considered for the specific role to which you have applied, but your talents and background may be considered for all current and future positions. If there’s a match, we will contact you directly.
If we ask you to visit with us on site, you may be required to complete pre-employment testing if applicable to the position for which you are applying. You will meet at least one representative from our Human Resource Recruiting group; you also may meet individuals from the hiring department. These department members are generally potential hiring managers or team members of the group in which you are being considered for a position.
You should be prepared to answer both general questions about your background, as well as specific questions about projects you have worked on or situations you have encountered in your previous employment. Try to provide as much detail as possible in your responses (i.e., I worked on this project with these individuals, encountered this problem, solved it this way and then received this kind of feedback).
MD Anderson Cancer Center is committed to encouraging good health and staying true to our mission to end cancer. Effective January 1, 2015, MD Anderson will be moving to a tobacco-free hiring process as part of its efforts to achieve these goals. If you are offered a position at MD Anderson Cancer Center on or after Jan. 1, 2015, you will be subject to a Pre-Employment Drug Screen for tobacco compounds in compliance with applicable state laws.
Ready to quit? We’re ready to help.
If you are a current tobacco user and would like to quit, we encourage you to enroll in one of our Tobacco Treatment Program’s clinical trials that combine the use of medications and counseling to help you quit. To enroll, call 713-792-2265 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our Human Resources Office at:
7007 Bertner Avenue, Suite: 1MC 2.3105
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
We are an EEOE / Smoke-free environment. It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center (MD Anderson) to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws, unless such distinction is required by law.
For those education credentials obtained outside the United States and used to meet minimum education requirement for the position of consideration, an evaluation conducted by an accredited foreign education evaluation agency must be provided prior to extension of an offer. Any expense to obtain this will be the responsibility of the candidate.
Listing of accredited foreign education agencies - MD Anderson does not endorse any of the listed companies, rather they have been identified as providing sufficient and acceptable foreign education evaluation services.
We recommend that physician trainees obtain their credential evaluation from AACRAO. Should the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners also require a credential evaluation, they will accept one from AACRAO.
American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO)
International Education Services
One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 520
Washington, DC 20036-1135