MD Anderson's Psychiatry Service deals with the consequences of cancer and treatments, including depression, sleep problems, anxiety, personality changes and memory issues. Our staff of psychiatrists and psychiatric advanced practice nurses provide the following services:
- Counseling for patients, their family and caregivers
- Specialized counseling for couples and children
- Medications for anxiety, depression and panic attacks
- Substance abuse/dependence treatment
- Sexual dysfunction treatment
MD Anderson patients can request a referral to Psychiatry Service. Call 713-792-6600.