Brain and Spine Center
MD Anderson’s Brain and Spine Center is committed to the diagnosis and treatment of brain tumors, spine tumors and skull base tumors. We take a team approach to give you the most advanced treatment with the least impact on your body. The conditions we treat include:
- Malignant (cancerous) brain tumors, spine and skull base
- Benign (non-cancerous) brain tumors, spine and skull base
And at MD Anderson you’re surrounded by the strength of one of the nation’s largest and most experienced comprehensive cancer centers, which has all the support and wellness services needed to treat the whole person – not just the disease.
If you have been diagnosed with a brain, spine or skull base tumor, it is important to be evaluated by experts. We can help. Call 1-877-632-6789 to make an appointment or request an appointment online.
Why Choose MD Anderson?
- Multi-specialty care for brain tumors and spine tumors
- Innovative treatments including targeted therapies
- Advanced technology including proton therapy, Brainsuite® and GammaKnife®
- Skilled surgeons, latest techniques to treat brain tumors and spine tumors
- Specialized neuropathologists and diagnostic technology
- Wide range of clinical trials of new therapies for brain tumors and spine tumors
Our Diagnostic Approach
Early and accurate diagnosis of brain tumors and spine tumors is important. Our team includes dedicated specialists with a high degree of experience in these specific conditions. We pinpoint the type and extent of disease with the most advanced methods and tools.
Brain and spine cancers are often complex and challenging. Our multi-specialty teams of renowned experts focus a remarkable amount of talent and expertise on each patient, providing customized care centered on you. The program’s internationally known surgeons are affiliated with both the Head and Neck Center and the Brain and Spine Center.
We offer the most advanced technologies and treatment options including:
- Less-invasive surgical techniques
- Awake craniotomy
- Proton therapy
- GammaKnife® radiosurgery
- Targeted therapies
Our Clinical Trials
As one of the most active brain and spine tumor programs in the country, we are studying new ways to prevent and treat these diseases. We’re proud to be one of the few cancer centers in the nation to house a prestigious federally funded brain tumor SPORE (Specialized Program of Research Excellence) program. This means we are able to offer a range of clinical trials, many of which are available at only a few centers in the country.
For more information on our brain and spine tumor clinical trials, visit our clinical trials page.