Scholarships and Financial Aid
Scholarships will be awarded annually to students who have been accepted as degree candidates into one of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center School of Health Professions degree programs.
To be eligible for a scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be accepted as a degree candidate into one of MD Anderson's School of Health Professions degree programs
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrate excellence in both character and academic achievement
- Submit a completed application by Wednesday, July 01, 2015.
- Academic achievement (cumulative GPA). SHP reviews all university, college, and/or program transripts already submitted with program admissions material.
- Leadership abilities (school and community)
- Professional goals and aspirations
Members of the Scholarship Selection Committee are academic and clinical faculty appointed the Dean of the School of Health Professions.
More than 75% of students attending the School of Health Professions receive some form of financial aid. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. While there is no application deadline for financial aid, it is recommended that students complete the required documents as soon as possible to be considered for institutional funds. Students should select the appropriate school code to avoid delays in the award process. FAFSA code: 017249