Collexis Research Profiles
Global Academic Programs is dedicated to encouraging research relationships between faculty at MD Anderson and partners at our Sister Institutions. Collexis Research Profiles is a new tool intended to make it easier for investigators to find people with shared interests. The database application compiles a researcher’s government grants and peer-reviewed publications and generates a searchable page summarizing their research focus (only public information is included). Researchers seeking collaborators can then search the database by research concept in order to find researchers with matching interests. Initially, the database includes MD Anderson faculty but we plan to add researchers from our Sister Institutions. This will enable MD Anderson faculty to search for Sister Institution collaborators and also highlight ongoing collaborations.
The primary benefits of the Collexis Research Profiles database are:
- Common access to an easy to search research related database on the web
- Research Profiles including publication and grants
- Ability to quickly and efficiently identify experts with common research interests at MD Anderson and Sister Institutions
- Facilitate collaborations by matching researchers based on their knowledge and research objectives
- Strengthen research relationships between MD Anderson and our Sister Institutions through enabling research collaborations
Traditionally, finding the right collaborators has been a laborious and tedious process of searching multiple databases, or relying on word-of-mouth recommendations. Collexis Research Profiles serves to replace this, and we hope will lead to an ever increasing number of collaborative research projects between MD Anderson and our Sister Institutions.