Faculty Educator of the Month
About the Award
Developing and retaining world class scientists and academic clinical research faculty is integral to our future excellence in research and medicine. Education, training and mentoring is necessary in order to develop the next generation of scientists and physicians.
The Faculty Educator of the Month recognition features outstanding MD Anderson faculty educators who demonstrate excellence and innovative practice in education.
To be eligible, one must currently serve in official faculty title at MD Anderson and devote 20 percent of work effort to educational activities.
Nominees for the Faculty Educator of the Month Recognition are considered based on the criteria below:
- Consistently demonstrates dedication, motivation and enthusiasm in educational activities.
- Demonstrates the value and impact education has in the mission of the institution and inspires others through his/her actions.
- Contributes as team member or lead in the development or implementation of new and innovative educational processes or delivery methods created to enhance the learning experience.
Nominations are accepted by the Sr. Vice President for Academic Affairs who facilitates the selection of faculty educators to be recognized. The nomination process is conducted internally via a form available on the intranet.
For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- October - Dr. David J. McConkey
- September - Dr. Bouthaina S. Dabaja
- August - Dr. Jill Schumacher
- July - Dr. Nishin Bhadkamkar
- December - Dr. Jessica A. Moore
- November - Dr. L. Jeffrey Medeiros
- October - Dr. Wayne L. Hofstetter
- September - Dr. Eduardo Vilar-Sanchez
- August - Dr. Adel K. El-Naggar
- July - Dr. Marina C. George