The following is for approved members of the Science Park NGS User Group. All members are eligible for sequencing services and can separately apply for an annual allotment.
1. Get all samples in order.
- Run DNA samples on a gel to visualize size distribution
- Quantify samples (Qubit preferred)
- If you have access to a Bioanalyzer, check RNA samples for quality (RIN>8)
See listed minimum standards for Core sequencing services. The Core will assess quality and request replacements for sub-standard samples, potentially delaying your order.
2. Initiate and Submit your request via iLab.
- You must Login or Register for an iLab account*
- Initiate the Bioinformatics Request and the Next Gen Sequencing Request for In-House Bioinformatics Analysis; or
- Initiate only the Next Gen Sequencing Request if outsourcing your Bioinformatics Analysis
- Enter the project description in detail
- The NGS Core will issue a quote upon completion of your request
- Agree to quote and select payment option
- You must have Financial Management Approval before any work on samples will begin
*For questions regarding iLab registration, please contact Melissa Simper via email or via phone at 512-237-9484.
3. Ship or deliver your samples to the Core.
For shipping via FedEx or UPS, address to:
If (only if) you are shipping via USPS, address to:
4. If delivering in person, samples must be signed in.
NGS Core policy dictates that samples will be discarded 30 days after data is released to the customer.
The Virginia Harris Cockrell Cancer Research Center
at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Science Park
Department of Epigenetics and Molecular Carcinogenesis
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 389, Smithville, Texas 78957
Physical Address: 1808 Park Road 1C, Smithville, Texas 78957
Jianjun (J-J) Shen, Ph.D.
Director, Science Park NGS Facility
Professor, Epigenetics and Molecular Carcinogenesis