The Advanced Technology Genomics Core (ATGC, formerly Sequencing and Microarray Facility, SMF) is the primary, "one-stop" genomics core facility for researchers at MD Anderson Cancer Center. Its goal is to use state-of-the-art instrumentation and innovative technical expertise in order to provide investigators with the highest quality genomic data from a comprehensive range of genomic services in a timely manner. Such a centralized facility minimizes duplication of expensive equipment and facilitates continued technical excellence.
The ATGC provide investigators with sequencing, microarray and a variety of cutting-edge molecular services.
In addition to the standard services, the ATGC provides custom services tailored to the individual needs of the investigator. Custom services include:
- Project design and technology consultations
- Assay design and optimization
- Assistance with result interpretation
The ATGC provides sample collection from several MD Anderson campuses.
Sample drop-off locations include (DNA samples only):
- ATGC main lab located in BSRB S15.8425 - Open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- South Campus: Loading dock freezer (top shelf) – Sample pick up Monday - Friday at 7:00 a.m.
- SRB: Cold room 1.29 - Sample pick up Monday - Friday at 7:00 a.m.
Core Grant Citation
Publications generated using data produced by the ATGC should cite the Core grant CA016672(ATGC) in the acknowledgment section. Two copies of the publication should be submitted to the facility at 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Unit 1010, Houston, TX, 77030.