The Advanced Technology Genomics Core (ATGC) is the primary, "one-stop" genomics core facility for researchers at MD Anderson Cancer Center. Its goal is to use state-of-the-art instrumentation and innovative technical expertise in order to provide investigators with the highest quality genomic data from a comprehensive range of genomic services in a timely manner. Such a centralized facility minimizes duplication of expensive equipment and facilitates continued technical excellence.
The ATGC provides investigators with sequencing, microarray and a variety of cutting-edge molecular services.
Project Consultation .mdan
In addition to the standard services, the ATGC provides custom services tailored to the individual needs of the investigator. Custom services include:
- Project design and technology consultations
- Assay design and optimization
- Assistance with result interpretation
The ATGC provides sample collection from several MD Anderson campuses.
Sample drop-off locations include (DNA samples only):
- ATGC Main Lab: BSRB S15.8425 - Open Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 5:30 pm.
- SCRB 2: Loading dock freezer (top shelf). Sample pick-up 7am Monday to Friday.
- SCRB 4: Freezer located next to the vending machine (near 4SCR1.1139). Sample pick-up 7am Monday to Friday.
This facility is funded by NCI Grant CA016672(ATGC) for Advanced Technology Genomics Core.
Core Grant Citation
Publications generated using data produced by the ATGC should cite the Core grant CA016672(ATGC) in the acknowledgment section. Two copies of the publication should be submitted to the facility at 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Unit 1010, Houston, TX, 77030