ICCI builds on work by Harvard Business School professor Michael Porter and his work to promote value-based healthcare in the US health care system. In collaboration with internal and external experts, we continue to forge a path toward more patient-centeredness.
Former Head of ICCI, Thomas W. Feeley, M.D. retired from The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center on February 28, 2017 to join Harvard Business School (HBS) as a full time faculty member. After 20 years of dedicated service to MD anderson, he was awarded with a lifetime appointment as Professor Emeritus. He will continue collaborating with ICCI on important Value Based Care work while at the Institute for Strategy and Competitiveness at HBS.
Are Ordeals a Viable Way to Improve Health Care Delivery?
ICCI partners with Margaret Luciano, Assistant Professor in the Department of Managements & Entrepreneurship at Arizona State University, to study change management and teamwork design. Together we advance the science and practice of teams, systems, and change implementation.
We partner with health care providers and research institutes around the world to enhance the value of cancer care for individuals of all ages living with or at risk for cancer. Our external partners include:
- Institute for Strategy and Competitiveness at Harvard Business School
- International Consortium for Health Outcomes Measurement
- Texas Medical Center
- The University of Texas System
- Dell Medical School | The University of Texas at Austin
- James A. Baker Institute for Public Policy | Rice University
- Jones Graduate School of Business | Rice University
- WP Carey School of Business | Arizona State University
- Alliance of Dedicated Cancer Centers
- Aso-Iizuka Hospital, Fukuoka, Japan