The MD Anderson Symptom Inventory for thyroid cancer (MDASI-Thy) is a site-specific MDASI module. Along with the core MDASI’s 13 symptom items and 6 interference items, the MDASI-Thy also assesses 6 symptoms specific to thyroid cancer:
- feeling hot
- feeling cold
- racing heartbeat
- difficulty swallowing
Order the MDASI Thyroid Cancer Module
Use our convenient online form to order the MDASI-Thy for use in your clinical research, clinical practice, funded and non-funded academic research, commercial research, or reproduction in educational materials or other publications.
Every MDASI Module Contains...
All 13 MDASI core symptoms
pain, fatigue, nausea, disturbed sleep, distress, shortness of breath, difficulty remembering, lack of appetite, drowsiness, dry mouth, sadness, vomiting, numbness/tingling
All 6 MDASI interference items
general activity, mood, work, relations with others, walking, enjoyment of life
- Purpose: To assess the severity of multiple thyroid cancer-related symptoms and the impact of these symptoms on daily functioning
- Population: Patients with symptoms caused by thyroid cancer and its treatment
- Assessment areas: Severity of multiple symptoms and the impact of symptoms on daily functioning during the last 24 hours
- Method: Self-report; paper-and-pencil form or tablet PC (self-administered or via interview), or telephone-based interactive voice response (IVR) system
- Time required: Five minutes
- Scoring: Please see the MDASI User's Guide
- Reliability: Cronbach alpha reliability ranges from 0.76 to 0.92
Click on a linked language to view a sample in PDF format.
Don't see a language you need? Contact us at email@example.com.
|Psychometrically and Linguistically Validated||Linguistically Validated|
Gning I, Trask PC, Mendoza TR, et al. Development and initial validation of the thyroid cancer module of the M. D. Anderson Symptom Inventory. Oncology 76(1): 59-68, 2009.
Cleeland CS, Mendoza TR, Wang XS, et al. Assessing Symptom Distress in Cancer: The M. D. Anderson Symptom Inventory. Cancer 89:1634-1646, 2000.