The MD Anderson Symptom Inventory multiple myeloma module (MDASI-MM) is a site-specific MDASI module. Along with the core MDASI’s 13 symptom items and 6 interference items, the MDASI-MM also assesses 7 symptoms specific to multiple myeloma:
- bone aches
- muscle weakness
- sore mouth/throat
- difficulty concentrating
Every MDASI Module Contains...
All 13 MDASI core symptoms
pain, fatigue, nausea, disturbed sleep, distress, shortness of breath, difficulty remembering, lack of appetite, drowsiness, dry mouth, sadness, vomiting, numbness/tingling
All 6 MDASI interference items
general activity, mood, work, relations with others, walking, enjoyment of life
Order the MDASI Multiple Myeloma Module
Use our convenient online form to order the MDASI-MM for use in your clinical research, clinical practice, funded and non-funded academic research, commercial research, or reproduction in educational materials or other publications.
- Purpose: To assess the severity of the symptoms related to multiple myeloma and its treatment, and the impact of these symptoms on daily functioning
- Population: Patients with symptoms caused by multiple myeloma and its treatment
- Assessment areas: Severity of multiple symptoms and the impact of symptoms on daily functioning during the last 24 hours
- Method: Self-report; paper-and-pencil form or tablet PC (self-administered or via interview), or telephone-based interactive voice response (IVR) system
- Time required: Five minutes
- Scoring: Please see the MDASI User's Guide
- Reliability: Cronbach alpha reliability ranges from 0.85 to 0.91
Jones D, Vichaya EG, Wang XS, et al. Validation of the M. D. Anderson Symptom Inventory multiple myeloma module. J Hematol Oncol 6(1): 13, 2013.
Cleeland CS, Mendoza TR, Wang XS, et al. Assessing Symptom Distress in Cancer: The M. D. Anderson Symptom Inventory. Cancer 2000; 89:1634-1646.