Contact the individual faculty within the Department of Bioinformatics and Computational Biology to inquire about postdoctoral fellowship positions.
Collaborate with clinicians and scientists to plan meaningful studies, statistically analyze the data, and communicate/document the results:
- Assess relevant literature and existing data
- Perform simulations and complex bioinformatic and statistical analyses using advanced statistical and computational methods and programming
- Prepare statistical considerations for experimental designs and grant applications
- Perform bioinformatic and biostatistical reviews of research proposals
- Collaborate on the development of new bioinformatic and statistical methodology
- Prepare written reports
- Collaborate with investigators on manuscripts
- Make original contributions to research projects
- Take the initiative in professional activities
- Participate in training and supervising junior statistical analysts
To be considered, send a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and three (3) letters of reference (include contact information for references) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Master's degree in biostatistics, bioinformatics, statistics, mathematics, or related field
- Working knowledge of Windows and/or UNIX operating systems
- Experience in statistical programming and “omic” data analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Skill in using statistical computing software, tools, and computational environments such as R, Rstudio, S-Plus
- Familiarity with Bioconductor packages
- Experience writing reports and analytical sections of grant applications
- Extensive experience in statistical consulting, data analysis, experimental design in the biomedical or clinical cancer research setting
Salary: Competitive; commensurate with experience
EEO & Employment Eligibility
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by MD Anderson policy or by federal, state or local laws, unless such distinction is required by law. All positions at MD Anderson Cancer Center are security sensitive and subject to examination of criminal history record information. MD Anderson Cancer Center provides a smoke-free and drug-free environment.