About the Alumni & Faculty Association
Established in 1983, the MD Anderson Alumni & Faculty Association is an organization composed of former and current faculty members, educational trainees and students of MD Anderson.
Membership begins after six months of cumulative faculty, trainee or student activity at MD Anderson.
We aspire to connect with all former and current faculty members, trainees and students who have worked, trained or received a degree from MD Anderson. Our goal is threefold:
- To provide opportunities to foster collaboration among current faculty, students and trainees
- To enhance communication with alumni
- To promote dialogue as to how we can continue to improve our work and educational environment
The Alumni & Faculty Association sponsors the Distinguished Alumnus Award and the Mike Hogg Lecture & Award.
An important component of the Alumni & Faculty Association is its support of educational trainees and students. The Trainee Excellence Awards and Trainee Research Day are programs in which trainees may become involved for research recognition or career development.
Individuals eligible for membership in the MD Anderson Alumni & Faculty Association include the following:
- Current and former members of MD Anderson’s medical or basic science faculty
- Fellows, residents, graduate students and undergraduate students who have completed or are currently enrolled in an organized program at MD Anderson for at least six months
- Members of the administrative staff who are elected to membership by the MD Anderson Alumni & Faculty Association Steering Committee
Membership in the association begins after six months for those who meet eligibility requirements.
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
MD Anderson Alumni & Faculty Association
Academic Affairs, Senior VP Office
7007 Bertner Avenue, 1MC17.2343
Houston, Texas 77030
Alumni Relations Staff
Director, Academic Affairs, Senior VP Office
Programming and Events:
Program Coordinator, Academic Affairs, Senior VP Office
Alumni Database, Communications and Fundraising:
Web Editor, Academic Affairs, Senior VP Office