The symptoms of childhood hematology disorders depend on the patient's exact condition. Symptoms of these conditions include:
- Anemias and hemoglobinopathies: Pale complexion or a yellow complexion, known as jaundice; fatigue
- Erythrocytosis: Red complexion
- Histiocytic disorders: Non-specific conditions that can be similar to anemia, thrombocytopenia or neutropenia
- Iron Overload: Fatigue, joint pain, abdominal pain, irregular heartbeat
- Neutropenia: Frequent and/or serious infections
- Thrombocytopenia: Excessive bleeding or bruising
MD Anderson patients have access to clinical trials offering promising new treatments that cannot be found anywhere else.