Project VALET (Providing Valuable Area Life-Saving Exams in Town) is a mammography education and screening program for asymptomatic women ages 40 to 74, who are uninsured, without county assistance and who are patients in participating clinics.
Project VALET (PV) addresses barriers of cost and transportation by bringing free mobile mammography to the communities where eligible women reside.
Project VALET also provides women with necessary follow-up diagnostic testing if needed, made possible through partnerships with participating facilities.
Steps to get a screening mammogram
- To participate in this program, schedule an appointment with a participating clinic. You'll find a list of clinics below.
- Receive breast health education, at one of the participating clinics to learn what to expect at a mammogram and the importance of early detection for breast cancer.
- Call and schedule the screening mammogram.
Should diagnostic test(s) be required, patients will be referred to a participating organization that provides services to low-income and uninsured women. Diagnostic exams are paid through Project VALET for women who received a screening mammogram through this program.
Houston Department of Health and Human Services (HDHHS)
- La Nueva Casa De Amigos Health Center, 1809 North Main St., 77009
- Northside Health Center, 8504 Schuller Road, Houston, TX 77093
- Sunnyside Health Center, 9314 Cullen Blvd., Houston, TX 77051
Spring Branch Community Health Center
- Hillendahl Clinic, 1615 Hillendahl Blvd., Suite 100, Houston, TX 77055
Phone: 713-462-6565, choose option 3
- Pitner Clinic, 8575 Pitner Road, Houston, TX 77080
Phone: 713-462-6545, choose option 3
- West Houston Clinic, 19333 Clay Road, Houston, TX 77449
Phone: 713-462-6555, choose option 3
El Centro de Corazon
7037 Capitol St., Houston, TX 77011
10415 Synott Road, Sugar Land, TX 77498
400 Austin St., Richmond, TX 77469
5504 First St., Katy, TX 77493
- Christus St. Mary's, 2120 S. Wayside Dr., Suite B, Houston, TX 77023
- Christus Point of Light, 2401 Termini St., Dickinson, TX 77539
8121 Broadway St., Suite 103, Houston, Texas 77061
Legacy Community Health
- Lyons Clinic, 5602 Lyons Ave., Houston, TX 77020
- Baker Ripley Clinic, 6500 Rookin St., Bldg. B, Ste 200, Houston, TX 77074
UT Physicians Community Health & Wellness Center - Southwest
10623 Bellaire Blvd., Suite C280, Houston, TX 77072
San Jose Clinic
2615 Fannin St., Houston, TX 77002
Due to our response to COVID-19, all blood donations at MD Anderson
Blood Donor Center locations are being held by appointment only.