Project VALET (Providing Valuable Area Life-Saving Exams in Town) is a mammography education and screening program for asymptomatic women ages 40 to 69, who are uninsured, without county assistance and who are patients in participating clinics.
Project VALET (PV) addresses barriers of cost and transportation by bringing free mobile mammography to the communities where eligible women reside.
Project VALET also provides women with necessary follow-up diagnostic testing if needed, made possible through partnerships with participating facilities.
How to Get a Screening Mammogram
1) To participate in this program, schedule an appointment with one of the following participating clinics:
- La Nueva Casa De Amigos Health Center, 1809 North Main, 77009
- Northside Health Center, 8504 Schuller, Houston, TX 77093
- Sunnyside Health Center, 9314 Cullen, Houston, TX 77051
- Hillendahl Clinic, 1615 Hillendahl Blvd, Suite 100, Houston, TX 77055
Call 713-462-6565, press Option 3
- Pitner Clinic, 8575 Pitner Road, Houston, TX 77080
Call 713-462-6545, press Option 3
- West Houston Clinic, 19333 Clay Road, Houston, TX 77449
Call 713-462-6555, press Option 3
- 7037 Capitol St., Houston, TX 77011
- 10415 Synott Rd., Sugar Land, TX 77498
- 400 Austin St., Richmond, TX 77469
- 5504 First Street, Katy, TX 77493
- 2120 S. Wayside, Suite B, Houston, TX 77023
2) Receive breast health education, at one of the participating clinics to learn what to expect at a mammogram and the importance of early detection for breast cancer.
3) Call and schedule the screening mammogram.
Should diagnostic test(s) be required, patients will be referred to a participating organization that provides services to low-income and uninsured women. Diagnostic exams are paid through Project VALET for women who received a screening mammogram through this program.