Project VALET (Providing Valuable Area Life-Saving Exams in Town) is a mammography education and screening program for asymptomatic women ages 40 to 74, who are uninsured, without county assistance and who are patients in participating clinics.
Project VALET (PV) addresses barriers of cost and transportation by bringing free mobile mammography to the communities where eligible women reside.
Project VALET also provides women with necessary follow-up diagnostic testing if needed, made possible through partnerships with participating facilities.
Lucy Balderas, Program Manager: email@example.com
Carina Mejia, Community Health Worker: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vanessa Quevedo, Community Health Worker: VQuevedo@mdanderson.org
Esmeralda Gonzalez, Community Health Worker: email@example.com
Katy Guerrero Ramos, Community Health Worker: firstname.lastname@example.org
Steps to get a screening mammogram
- To participate in this program, schedule an appointment with a participating clinic. You'll find a list of clinics below.
- Receive breast health education, at one of the participating clinics to learn what to expect at a mammogram and the importance of early detection for breast cancer.
- Call and schedule the screening mammogram.
Should diagnostic test(s) be required, patients will be referred to a participating organization that provides services to low-income and uninsured women. Diagnostic exams are paid through Project VALET for women who received a screening mammogram through this program.
Houston Department of Health and Human Services Clinics
HDHHS Clinics Appointment line: 832-393-5428
- La Nueva Casa De Amigos Health Center, 1809 North Main, 77009
- Northside Health Center, 8504 Schuller, Houston, TX 77093
- Sunnyside Health Center, 4605 Wilmington St, Houston, TX 77051
Spring Branch Community Health Center Clinics
- WholeLife Clinic, 1905 Jacquelyn Dr. Blvd, Suite 100, Houston, TX 77055, (713) 462-6565
- Pitner Clinic, 8575 Pitner Road, Houston, TX 77080, (713) 462-6545
- Hillendahl Clinic, 1615 Hillendahl Blvd.,Houston, TX 77055, (713) 462-6555
- West Houston Clinic, 19333 Clay Road, TX 77449, (713) 462-6555
- Cy-Fair Clinic, 7777 Westgreen Blvd, Cypress, TX 77433, (713) 462-6555
- 10415 Synott Rd., Sugar Land, TX 77498, (281) 561-5767
- 400 Austin St., Richmond, TX 77469, (281) 342-4530
El Centro de Corazon
- Magnolia Health Center, 7037 Capitol St., Houston, TX 77011, (713) 660-1880
Christus St. Mary's Clinic
- 2120 S. Wayside, Suite B, Houston, TX 77023, (713) 803-1840
Christus - Point of Light
- 2401 Termini St., Dickinson, TX 77539 (713) 803-1830
Christ Clinic - Katy
- 25722 Kingsland Blvd. #111, Katy, TX 77494, (281) 391-0190
- 1017 Fairmont Pkwy, Pasadena, TX 77504, (713) 944-2275
- Legacy-Lyons 3811 Lyons Ave, Houston, TX 77020, (832) 548-5000
- Santa Clara, 5616 Lawndale St., Ste. A108, Houston, TX 77023, (832)548-5000
Lone Star Family Health Center
- 605 S. Conroe Medical Drive, Conroe, TX 77304-4722, (936) 539-4004
San Jose Clinic
- 2615 Fannin St. Houston, TX 77002 (713) 228-9411
Casa El Buen Samaritano
- 14060 Dublin, Houston, TX 77085 (713) 721-4101
Ibn Sina Foundation
- Wilcrest Community Medical Center, 11226 S. Wilcrest Dr., Houston, TX 77099, (281) 977-7462
request an appointment online.