Parks & Gardens
Houston Endowment Park
Patients and visitors can relax in The Park, a comfortable indoor setting surrounded by palm trees and shrubs.
Location: Main Building, Floor 2, The Park
Dorothy Hudson Garden and LeRoy Melcher Jr. Memorial Fountain
Park benches are located in a pleasant outdoor area featuring the Flame sculpture.
Location: In front of Main Building, Aquarium entrance
Tom Jean Moore Rose Garden
Step into a fragrant rose garden just outside the Main Building. Volunteers cut, arrange and deliver roses to patient rooms eight months of the year.
Location: Near TMC Garage 2 and The Fountain (Alkek Hospital) entrance
Wortham Linear Park
Stroll along two blocks of landscaped parkway, featuring a fountain and benches.
Location: In front of Mays Clinic along Holcombe Boulevard
The Prairie is a public green space on the site of the former Houston Main/Prudential Building. The 7-acre site features winding trails, a large zoysia grass lawn, benches and picnic tables. It is open to the public seven days a week from dawn to dusk.
Location: south side of Holcombe Boulevard, east of Fannin
- Visitors are free to walk on the grass, but the native planting areas are off limits
- Public events and barbecuing are prohibited
- Eating is permitted, but please dispose of trash in the provided receptacles
- Smoking, alcohol and weapons are prohibited
- Only service animals are allowed