The standard therapy for medulloblastoma is surgery to remove all or most of the tumor, followed by radiation to destroy any cancer cells that might remain for some children, and chemotherapy for all children. When treatment is done without delay, the prognosis is very good. Over two-thirds of children with medulloblastoma are successfully treated.
If your child has been diagnosed with medulloblastoma, we’re here to help. Call 1-877-632-6789 to make an appointment or request an appointment online.
Our Childhood Medulloblastoma Clinical Trials
The most innovative treatments for medulloblastoma are offered as part of clinical trials, which are closely monitored studies to test the safety and effectiveness of new treatments. In addition, MD Anderson patients are treated by combining various elements of active and previous treatment protocols, adopting individualized strategies for each child. Go to MD Anderson's list of current pediatric clinical trials to see if your child might be eligible.
You can also visit our Clinical Trials database or speak to your doctor.
Why Choose MD Anderson?
- The Children’s Cancer Hospital is within one of the top-ranked cancer centers in America
- Access to novel therapies and state-of-the-art technologies before most children’s hospitals
- We see more types of cancer than any other children’s hospital in Texas
- Family-centered care that actively involves parents in their child’s treatment
- A strong cancer research program focused on developing new therapies for pediatric patients
- Comprehensive support services such as an accredited school program, creative arts, child life and career counseling
- An Adolescent and Young Adult Program that specializes in the unique medical and psychological needs of patients aged 15-25