All benefits-eligible employees, retirees and eligible dependents may participate in one of two vision plans that are administered by Superior Vision.
- Superior Vision (Standard Plan)
- Superior Vision Plus (Enhanced Plan)
- Provides discounts for office visits, contacts (including mail order,) and glasses
- Special discount for Lasik procedures
- Network includes many popular providers
- Medical flexible spending account covers many of the vision expenses
Based on federal law, employees may make changes to their benefits only at the times specified below.
Within 31 days of hire, benefits eligible employees may add or change benefits.
At Annual Enrollment
Benefits eligible employees may make any changes to their benefits once a year, without a change of status during annual enrollment, which occurs each July.
Family Status Change
Certain events in your family or changes in your dependent’s employment or coverage may enable you to make changes to your benefits outside of annual enrollment. These events, known as Family Status Changes or qualifying events, allow changes to benefits that are consistent the event. (Ex: add medical coverage to your newborn child.)
Full and Part-Time Employees
Both full and part-time employees pay the same amount for vision coverage. As a result, you and your dependents are eligible for vision coverage if:
- You work at least 20 hours per week, and
- Your appointment is expected to continue for at least 4 ½ months, and
- You are not currently covered by another state-sponsored medical insurance plan.
Dependents & Required Documentation
See Required Documentation for Dependents for adding dependents to your coverage.
Evidence of Insurability
Evidence of Insurability (EOI) is not required for adding yourself or a dependent to vision coverage.
Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday
7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.