Stay connected wherever you are with the technology, tools and resources provided to all MD Anderson employees.
If you are new to working remotely, or you are needing a refresher on telecommuting resources, the information on this page will guide you through working efficiently from wherever you are.
If you need assistance accessing or using any tools, contact 4INFO (713-794-4636).
To safeguard our data, everyone must be enrolled in Duo Two-Factor Authentication and have it installed on their device.
- Go to https://enroll-device.mdanderson.edu
- Must be on an MD Anderson computer on campus
- During the process, you’ll be asked to install the Duo app and scan a bar code presented on your computer screen.
View a tip sheet on Duo installation for more assistance.
Desktop access: Use VX Remote from any computer to access your desktop, folders and application to work remotely.
- Visit https://vxremote.mdanderson.org from any desktop or laptop.
- Log in with your MD Anderson myID username and password.
- Use your mobile device to complete the log in process with two-factor authentication.
- Once logged in, an icon of a computer monitor labeled “OneConnect” will appear. Click on this icon to launch the VX Remote connection.
- Once you’ve launched the VX Remote workspace, you will be able to access your files on the shared drive by clicking on the This PC folder within the window.
Email access: View, reply and send emails using Outlook Web Access at http://mailbox.mdanderson.org to access outlook while away from work. When you login, you will be asked to do a Duo Two-Factor Authentication to confirm your information.
Remote Access Quick Start guide: If you’re new to working remotely, find additional tips using this guide.
Use the following tip sheets to learn how to use tools such as Webex, Skype for Business and Box to collaborate with your coworkers.
- How to join and participate in a WebEx meeting
- Scheduling a WebEx meeting using WebEx online
- Scheduling a WebEx meeting using Outlook
- Additional tips and tricks for using WebEx (WebEx Essentials eBook)
Skype for Business:
- Sign in and out of Skype for Business
- Set up audio and video
- Set presence options
- Set up an online meeting
View this video to learn more about how to get started using Box.
- Schedule virtual meetings on a regular basis to stay connected, review progress, address issues and increase collaboration among your team
- Communicate priorities for workloads.
- Confirm work hours for all team members and share contact information.
- Designate and communicate the tools (Skype, WebEx, SharePoint, etc.) your area will use to collaborate.
- Confirm teleconferencing and all other work-related applications are downloaded and working.
- Ensure team members have added their cellphone number to their profile in myHR to receive emergency alert notifications via text.
Make your physical and emotional health priority wherever you are with resources available to all MD Anderson employees.
Physical health resources
The Wellness team is creating virtual wellness strategies such as building a library of workout plans and educational videos that can be done with minimal or no equipment.
WebEx, Skype, Box and the BeWell Facebook page will be used to share educational content and offer consultations. If you would like to start receiving updates from BeWell Notes or want to schedule some time to speak with one of the fitness team members and/or our dietitian, please email BeWell@mdanderson.org.
Emotional health resources
If you are feeling stressed, counselors from the Employee Assistance Program are available. For information, consultation, referrals, or to schedule an appointment, call 713-745-6901.
Help us #endcancer
Due to our response to COVID-19, all blood donations at MD Anderson
Blood Donor Center locations are being held by appointment only.