Stay connected wherever you are with the technology, tools and resources provided to all MD Anderson employees.
If you are new to working remotely, or you are needing a refresher on telecommuting resources, the information on this page will guide you through working efficiently from wherever you are.
If you need assistance accessing or using any tools, contact 4INFO (713-794-4636).
Enroll to receive remote access
To safeguard our data, everyone must be enrolled in Duo Two-Factor Authentication and have it installed on their device.
- Go to https://enroll-device.mdanderson.edu
- Must be on an MD Anderson computer on campus
- During the process, you’ll be asked to install the Duo app and scan a bar code presented on your computer screen.
View a tip sheet on Duo installation for more assistance.
Access your email, desktop and files from anywhere
Desktop access: Use VX Remote from any computer to access your desktop, folders and application to work remotely.
- Visit https://vxremote.mdanderson.org from any desktop or laptop.
- Log in with your MD Anderson myID username and password.
- Use your mobile device to complete the log in process with two-factor authentication.
- Once logged in, an icon of a computer monitor labeled “OneConnect” will appear. Click on this icon to launch the VX Remote connection.
- Once you’ve launched the VX Remote workspace, you will be able to access your files on the shared drive by clicking on the This PC folder within the window.
Email access: Outlook Web Access is the web-based version of Outlook.
- If your email is still on premise: Go to http://mailbox.mdanderson.org. Type your myID username and password, and then acknowledge the Duo push notification on your mobile device to log in.
- If your email has been moved to Exchange Online (EXO): Go to https://www.office.com. Click Sign In, type your MD Anderson email address and password, then acknowledge the Duo push notification on your mobile device to log in. Click on the Outlook app.
Best practices for working remotely
- Schedule virtual meetings on a regular basis to stay connected, review progress, address issues and increase collaboration among your team
- Communicate priorities for workloads.
- Confirm work hours for all team members and share contact information.
- Designate and communicate the tools (Zoom, Teams, SharePoint, etc.) your area will use to collaborate.
- Confirm teleconferencing and all other work-related applications are downloaded and working.
- Ensure team members have added their cellphone number to their profile in myHR to receive emergency alert notifications via text.
Taking care of you
Make your physical and emotional health priority wherever you are with resources available to all MD Anderson employees.
Physical health resources
The Wellness team is creating virtual wellness strategies such as building a library of workout plans and educational videos that can be done with minimal or no equipment.
Emotional health resources
If you are feeling stressed, counselors from the Employee Assistance Program are available. For information, consultation, referrals, or to schedule an appointment, call 713-745-6901.