Conflict of Interest
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center (MD Anderson) that faculty members, trainees, faculty supervisors, institutional decision makers, and investigators must follow certain procedures in order to ensure the protection of patient safety and welfare, safeguard the reputation and integrity of the institution, and preserve the integrity of affiliated research, while permitting the pursuit of relationships with for-profit entities that further the mission of MD Anderson or that serve another scholarly purpose.
These procedures are outlined in MD Anderson’s Conflict of Interest Policy for Faculty Members, Trainees, Faculty Supervisors, Institutional Decision Makers, and Investigators of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center (UTMDACC Institutional Policy # ACA0001). The Office of Research Administration (ORA) administers this policy and in conjunction with MD Anderson’s Conflict of Interest Committee, reviews financial interest disclosures required by this policy.
As required by Public Health Service federal regulations regarding its grants or cooperative agreements, MD Anderson’s ORA makes available to the public: (1) the institution’s policy on conflicts of interest; as well as (2) information related to disclosed significant financial interest(s) that are determined by MD Anderson to be financial conflict of interest(s) for senior/key personnel working on a funded research project, including:
- the Investigator’s name;
- the Investigator’s title and role with respect to the research project;
- the name of the entity in which the significant financial interest is held;
- the nature of the significant financial interest; and
- the approximate dollar value of the significant financial interest.
View MD Anderson’s Policy and Disclosure:
- Conflict of Interest Policy for Faculty Members, Trainees, Faculty Supervisors, Institutional Decision Makers, and Investigators of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center (UTMDACC Institutional Policy # ACA0001)
- A list of MD Anderson Determined Financial Conflict(s) of Interest for Senior/Key Personnel Working on a Research Project with an Award Date after August 23, 2012 (pdf)
- A summary of MD Anderson Institutional Decision Makers' Disclosures (pdf)
- Institutional Conflict of Interest: Oncoceutics
- Institutional Conflict of Interest: Ziopharm/Intrexon
Faculty with Outside Business Interests
A list of faculty members who have outside business interests that may present a potential for a conflict of interest. Read more.
If you have specific questions regarding the information made available, please contact MD Anderson’s Office of Research Administration at COIC@mdanderson.org.