Alex Prokhorov, M.D., Ph.D.
Professor, Behavioral Science
e-Health Technology supports technology-enabled primary, secondary, and tertiary cancer prevention research through the development and implementation of multimedia intervention and data-capture tools that address research questions in the areas of behavior change, health information, symptoms and quality of life.
Our products deliver information to and capture data from study participants and are tailored individually, consistent with study design.
The e-Health Technology resource:
- provides the ability to reach a broad range of participants
- serves as a hub for technology-enabled research and draws investigators from across MD Anderson
- fosters collaborations among researchers from diverse disciplines
- develops technology platforms and tools to support active and completed projects, contributing to more than $20 million in research
Did You Know?
e-Health Technology is a cost-recovery service established with partial funding from The Duncan Family Institute for Cancer Prevention and Risk Assessment and the Cancer Center Support Grant (CCSG).
Our team is happy to consult with you on a solution that best meets your needs. A listing of our services is available below.
For a consultation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 713-794-4344.
- Web applications design, development, and maintenance (internal, public facing)
- Mobile applications design, development and maintenance
- Development of mobile applications for Ecological Momentary Assessment (EMA)
- Design of SMS texting systems for mobile interventions
- Design and development of databases associated with specific web or mobile applications
- Development of Content Management System (CMS) for website or mobile applications management by customer
- Design for data collection components embedded in web-based or mobile interventions
- Widget development for websites (internal, public facing)
- Graphic design for web and mobile applications
- Web-based screener development for screening study participants (internal, public facing)
- Social media development, including programming of Facebook apps and widgets
- Application upgrades for compatibility with current operating systems
- Conversion of existing FLASH based websites to HTML5
- Initial consultations and technology idea development for well-defined projects
- Faculty-to-faculty consultation for preliminary idea development
- Project quotes and referrals
- Assistance with grant proposal budget development
- Assistance with grant proposal technology-related components
- Submission of projects to relevant IT and IS governing committees for review and approval
- Technology support and troubleshooting for developed software
e-Health Technology, Unit 1330
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Blvd.
P.O. Box 301439
Houston, TX 77230-1439
Physical Location: Cancer Prevention Building, CPB3.3408
Main Line: 713-794-4344