The Department of Epigenetics and Molecular Carcinogenesis a (EMC) hosts a variety of seminar series, including lectures by both invited scientists and departmental personnel. These seminars offer an opportunity for investigators and trainees to remain abreast of current advances in cancer research and biomedical science. These seminars are now availble via Zoom, WebEx, and other online platforms.
Hosted Seminar Series
- Mike Hogg Distinguished Lecturer Series – a formalized seminar program held monthly from September through May. The series features outstanding scientific leaders as guest speakers. This series is held on Wednesdays at 11:00 a.m.
- Department of Epigenetics and Molecular Carcinogenesis Seminar Series – hosts an average of 15 seminars per year. This series features outside speakers whose research interests relate to those of departmental faculty. This series is held on Wednesdays at 11:00 a.m.
- EMC Faculty Seminar Series – features a faculty member each month, September through May, to present current research in their laboratories as part of a monthly faculty meeting. This series is held during regularly scheduled faculty meetings.
- Work-in-Progress Seminar - a weekly forum for students, postdoctoral fellows and faculty to present their research and to gain valuable feedback from colleagues at all levels. This series is held on Mondays at 11:00 a.m.
Related Seminar Series
- Graduate Program in Genetics and Epigenetics (G&E) Monthly Student Seminar Series (GEM) - held on the second Thursday of the month at Noon during the academic year, this series features the research of graduate students from G&E labs.
- Center for Cancer Epigenetics (CCE) Seminars - Many departmental faculty are also members of the CCE, which holds its bi-weekly seminars on Fridays at 11:00 a.m. during the academic year.
- Enjoy Science Seminar Series - This series highlights the research of faculty across MD Anderson and is held every 1st and 3rd Wednesday at 10:00 a.m.
- Connect Science Seminar Series - This series features faculty from other institutions to forge connections between MD Anderson and outside institutions. This series is held on Thursdays at 11:00 a.m.
Conferences & Retreats
Abcam Meeting in Houston: Epigenetic Biomarkers and Therapeutic Vulnerabilities
Scheduled for May 13-14, 2021
Center for Cancer Epigenetics Annual Spring Retreat
Scheduled for May 21-22, 2021