Meet Our Survivors
Thanks to the advanced treatment provided by the MD Anderson Proton Therapy Center and its team of cancer specialists, thousands of cancer patients have survived cancer and are back to enjoying their lives.
A long-standing MD Anderson tradition has patients ring a gong to signal the end of their treatment as part of their “graduation” — a simple but uplifting ceremony repeated hundreds of times each year. Many patients invite friends and family to celebrate this milestone in their fight against cancer. For pediatric proton therapy patients, the Proton Therapy Center makes the day extra special. In addition to ringing the gong, they receive balloons and special gifts from their treatment team.
Read the stories of our patients' experiences with proton therapy treatment.
- Caitlin Acree, Optic Nerve Glioma
- Stephanie Mullins, Optic Nerve Glioma
- Tarra Stavinoha, Skull-Based Chondrosarcoma
- Max Daniel, Anaplastic Meningioma Brain Tumor
- Paige Duren, Medulloblastoma
- Ava Jacobs, Medulloblastoma
- Sawyer Hack, Rhabdomyosarcoma
- Owen Langston, Medulloblastoma
- Addison Marshall, Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Vaughn McCullum, Medulloblastoma
- Ana Kate Partridge, Medulloblastoma
- Matthew Rager, Glioma Brain Tumor
- Signe Rosenkrans, Neuroblastoma
- Hailey Strole, Astrocytoma
- Coleson Young, Ependymoma
Head and neck
- Vaughn Bradley, Nasopharyngeal Cancer
- Louise Chaung, Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Shane Leonard, Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma
- Mary Lott, Neuroblastoma of the Sinus Cavity and Brain
- Kate Mathis, Nasopharyngeal Cancer
- Eric Oldre, Oropharyngeal cancer
- Nate Pack, Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Joel Pequeno, Thyroid Cancer
- Randy Smith, Throat Cancer
- Linda Thomas, Granular Cell Cancer
- Jennifer Grant, Mucoepidermoid Carcinoma of the Parotid Gland
request an appointment online.