Residents and fellows enrolled in a full-time GME program at an affiliated institution who are approved to complete a clinical rotation at MD Anderson are processed through the department of Academic and Visa Administration – Trainee (AVA- Trainee) using DiscoverXpress. DiscoverXpress is currently accepting rotation schedules for the 2017-18 academic year.
Core Affiliated Institutions
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Methodist Hospital
- University of Texas Health Science Center Houston: Medical School
- University of Texas Medical Branch – Galveston
Fully executed education program agreements between MD Anderson and the affiliated institution must be confirmed before AVA – Trainee will accept requests to process rotations. Please confirm that the applicable agreements are valid before submitting to rotations to DiscoverXpress.
DiscoverXpress is a web-based application designed to streamline clinical rotations between MD Anderson, affiliated institutions, and fellows and residents by providing a centralized location for managing rotation schedules.
Program coordinators from approved programs are given access to DiscoverXpress Home Program Portal to submit requests for rotations to MD Anderson. Only requests submitted directly from an approved GME program will be accepted as official authorization to rotate to MD Anderson.
The Registration Process
- Each program must submit rotation schedules directly to the DiscoverXpress Home Program Portal to initiate the process. The following information must be provided:
• Rotators Last name and First name
• Rotator’s TitleRotator’s PGY
• Actual rotation start date (IRIS date)
• Actual rotation end date (IRIS date)
• Rotator’s email address
• The associated MD Anderson program name and primary contact information
IMPORTANT: Actual rotation begin and end dates (IRIS dates) MUST be entered. Annual dates (i.e. 7/1/2015 – 6/30/2016) is not valid and will delay processing.
- Approved requests will generate a registration form which is emailed to residents/fellows and must be completed in order to initiate the MDA vetting process. Incomplete or invalid TMB license/permit information will delay processing and set-up in MDA systems.
- After the registration is complete, each rotator will receive a second email with instructions to complete an on-line orientation. Access to MDA systems and distribution of MD Anderson ID badges is contingent up successful completion of all applicable courses.
- Rotators who complete the registration form and orientation modules must physically come to check in with Academic and VISA Administration 2-3 days prior to the start of their rotation to complete the onboarding process.
The office is located at 7007 Bertner Ave, 1 Mid Campus Building, 17th floor, Suite 1MC17.3439. Please use the South Building (SB) elevators to get to the office.
- The status of approved rotation schedules and registrations is available by logging on to the DiscoverXpress Home Portal.
Contact AVA-Trainee@mdanderson.org for questions about program agreements.
For questions on DiscoverXpress registrations and rotation schedules, contact Sarah Broussard in AVA-Trainee firstname.lastname@example.org, 713-794-5814. AVA Main line: 713-745-7010.
Send an email to DISCOVER_Support@mdanderson.org to request access to DiscoverXpress, experiencing technical difficulty signing in or using the DISCOVER System™.