A Message From Dr. Mendelsohn
Promise - Summer 2009
In this issue of Promise, we extend 85th birthday wishes to the former president and our ongoing appreciation for the Bushes’ commitment to M. D. Anderson. We also salute all who have supported the Bush Endowment over the past 10 years. In uncertain economic times, the endowment capital remains a long-term, secure source of revenue for the future, while interest funds provide seed money for creative research projects destined to change the way we treat cancer.
The Bush Endowment underscores philanthropy’s critical role in M. D. Anderson’s research effort. Your continued dedication and generous support are inspirational in the face of difficult economic conditions that affect us all.
With thoughtful input from faculty, administrators and staff, the institution has implemented a strategy to recover Hurricane Ike-related losses, weather the nation’s recession and prepare for a strong future. With heartfelt gratitude, we remain watchful stewards of each gift to the institution, however large or small. Together, we will sustain the resources necessary to maintain M. D. Anderson’s leadership role and continue our mission to eradicate cancer.
Promise - Summer 2009
- Milestones And A Mission: Bush Endowment Supports 10 years of Scientific Discovery
- A Message From Dr. Mendelsohn
- Cyrus Scholar Award Presents a Golden Opportunity
- Jefferies Randall & Dewey Commits to Match CPRIT Grants
- Sprint for Life: Off and Running in Support of Ovarian Cancer Research
- Polo on the Prairie Brings World-Class to West Texas
- Among Friends: Jeff Wigbels
- Research Highlights
- Stand Up To Cancer Empowers 'Dream Teams'
- Study Reports Major Advance in Lung Cancer Treatment
- Vaccine Helps Body Fight Advanced Melanoma
- Mestastatic Colorectal Cancer Survival Improves
- Donors Make a Difference
- 'Forever Irene' Symbolizes Survivor's Resilience
- Planned Gift Demonstrates Nurse's Will to Do the Right Thing
- Golfers Get in the Swing for S.C.O.P.E
- Pet Burro Goes to the Top of the Class in South Carolina
- Halliburton Helping Fight Cancer
- News Makers
- A Banner Year as MD Anderson Extends Services to Arizona
- AACR Exec Receives First Margaret Kripke Legend Award
- Arceneaux Award Honors Dynamic Nurse in Neurosurgery
- Business and Professional Women's Club Lands Pathology Chair
- Pivotal T cell Research Lands AAI Award
- Survivors Say