Promise - Spring 2010 - iPromise
Harry J. Longwell
Harry J. Longwell retired as executive vice president and director of ExxonMobil Corporation in 2004. He has generously committed his time, energy and resources in a number of capacities on behalf of MD Anderson since joining The University Cancer Foundation Board of Visitors (BOV) in 1993. He currently serves as BOV vice chair.
It is an honor and a privilege to serve as chairman of Making Cancer History®: The Campaign to Transform Cancer Care. Everyone is touched by cancer, whether personally or through the life of a loved one or friend. MD Anderson is the No. 1 cancer center in the world, with the best minds, the best administration and faculty, the best staff and volunteers. Inspired by the courage of patients and their families, we are united in support of the institution’s mission to eradicate cancer. Of course, having the financial resources to fulfill this promise is key. Philanthropy is essential in continuing the unparalleled research at MD Anderson and quickly making novel, lifesaving treatments available to patients.
On behalf of The University Cancer Foundation Board of Visitors, I extend heartfelt thanks to the hundreds of volunteers contributing to our success in reaching campaign goals and ultimately making a difference in the lives of those touched by this disease. Please visit www.makingcancerhistorycampaign.org and join us in this historical effort. Together, we are Making Cancer History®.
Do you promise? Tell us why you’re committed to Making Cancer History® by sending an e-mail to Promise@mdanderson.org.
Promise - Spring 2010:
- Making Cancer History®: The Campaign to Transform Cancer Care
- Philanthropic Goals Through December 2011
- Transforming Cancer Care Through Research
- A Message from John Mendelsohn
- Campaign Objectives:
- Institute for Cancer Care Excellence
- Red and Charline McCombs Institute for the Early Detection and Treatment of Cancer
- Duncan Family Institute for Cancer Prevention and Risk Assessment
- Institute for Basic Science
- Institute for Personalized Cancer Therapy
- Priority Programs
- An Endowment for MD Anderson
- iPromise: Harry J. Longwell
- Evening of Celebration Launches $1 Billion to Transform Cancer Care
- Among Friends: George and Barbara Bush
- Survivors Say: Nancy B. Loeffler
- Research Highlights:
- BATTLE Links to Potential Biomarkers to Lung Cancer Drugs
- Gene Study Provides Major Clue in Cancer Metastasis
- A New Look for MD Anderson's Logo
- Donors Make a Difference:
- The Cockrell Foundation Nurtures Excellence in Cancer Research
- Planned Gift Boosts Campaign to Transform Cancer Care
- Blue Bell Scoops Up Hope for Cancer Patients, Survivors
- Apache Support Goes 'Behind the Screens' to Manage Data
- Upcoming Events