Goal: $340 Million
Among numerous programs and projects of strategic importance to the institution are:
Bioinformatics and Computational Biology — a department focused on analyzing and interpreting molecular data to enhance personalized cancer medicine in all of its facets.
The Children’s Cancer Hospital at MD Anderson — one of the largest multidisciplinary pediatric cancer care and research programs in the country, setting the pace in pediatric oncology worldwide.
Survivorship — a major clinical and research initiative to coordinate support for cancer survivors, expand research into long-term effects of cancer and treatment and improve access to follow-up care.
Brain Tumor Center — one of the world’s most productive efforts aimed solely at brain tumor research in areas such as immune system activation, gene analysis and treatment delivery using stem cells.
Pain Program — a project to expand the Texas Medical Center’s only dedicated cancer pain research program, develop state-of-the-art pain control strategies and educate health professionals.
Promise - Spring 2010:
- Making Cancer History®: The Campaign to Transform Cancer Care
- Philanthropic Goals Through December 2011
- Transforming Cancer Care Through Research
- A Message from John Mendelsohn
- Campaign Objectives:
- Institute for Cancer Care Excellence
- Red and Charline McCombs Institute for the Early Detection and Treatment of Cancer
- Duncan Family Institute for Cancer Prevention and Risk Assessment
- Institute for Basic Science
- Institute for Personalized Cancer Therapy
- Priority Programs
- An Endowment for MD Anderson
- iPromise: Harry J. Longwell
- Evening of Celebration Launches $1 Billion to Transform Cancer Care
- Among Friends: George and Barbara Bush
- Survivors Say: Nancy B. Loeffler
- Research Highlights:
- BATTLE Links to Potential Biomarkers to Lung Cancer Drugs
- Gene Study Provides Major Clue in Cancer Metastasis
- A New Look for MD Anderson's Logo
- Donors Make a Difference:
- The Cockrell Foundation Nurtures Excellence in Cancer Research
- Planned Gift Boosts Campaign to Transform Cancer Care
- Blue Bell Scoops Up Hope for Cancer Patients, Survivors
- Apache Support Goes 'Behind the Screens' to Manage Data
- Upcoming Events