Among Friends- George and Barbara Bush
When we lost our first daughter to leukemia, we developed a deep resolve to eliminate cancer.
We searched the nation to find an institution with the most promising efforts to end this devastating disease, a place where resources would yield the greatest results. And we found what we were looking for right in our hometown of Houston at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
MD Anderson’s landmark research already has played a major role in increasing the survival rate and improving the quality of life for cancer patients. This outstanding institution rapidly translates knowledge gained in the laboratory to patient care, thus accelerating scientific breakthroughs into personal breakthroughs, discoveries that ultimately reverberate worldwide.
As honorary co-chairs of Making Cancer History®: The Campaign to Transform Cancer Care, we strongly encourage you to support MD Anderson’s meaningful endeavors. Please join us as we all work together to make a significant difference now and for generations to come.
Promise - Spring 2010:
- Making Cancer History®: The Campaign to Transform Cancer Care
- Philanthropic Goals Through December 2011
- Transforming Cancer Care Through Research
- A Message from John Mendelsohn
- Campaign Objectives:
- Institute for Cancer Care Excellence
- Red and Charline McCombs Institute for the Early Detection and Treatment of Cancer
- Duncan Family Institute for Cancer Prevention and Risk Assessment
- Institute for Basic Science
- Institute for Personalized Cancer Therapy
- Priority Programs
- An Endowment for MD Anderson
- iPromise: Harry J. Longwell
- Evening of Celebration Launches $1 Billion to Transform Cancer Care
- Among Friends: George and Barbara Bush
- Survivors Say: Nancy B. Loeffler
- Research Highlights:
- BATTLE Links to Potential Biomarkers to Lung Cancer Drugs
- Gene Study Provides Major Clue in Cancer Metastasis
- A New Look for MD Anderson's Logo
- Donors Make a Difference:
- The Cockrell Foundation Nurtures Excellence in Cancer Research
- Planned Gift Boosts Campaign to Transform Cancer Care
- Blue Bell Scoops Up Hope for Cancer Patients, Survivors
- Apache Support Goes 'Behind the Screens' to Manage Data
- Upcoming Events