Children's Cancer Hospital
Practicing the Art of the Possible
A 16-year-old amputee skis down a slope on her own for the first time. A former star tennis player sidelined by bone cancer learns a new sport and makes his school’s golf team. An international patient enrolls in the in-hospital school and graduates with her class despite the months of treatment.
Download PDF Issue
Jeff B. Love, chairman of Locke Lord Bissell & Liddell LLP, Houston office, is a senior member of The University Cancer Foundation Board of Visitors.
To learn more about MD Anderson’s Holiday Greeting Card Program, visit www.mdanderson.org/giving/holiday or call 800-525-5841.
As a member of MD Anderson’s Board of Visitors for 19 years, I’ve sent holiday wishes and acknowledgments to very good friends and clients for many seasons through the institution’s Holiday Greeting Card Program. Among the benefits of this program, for me, are the opportunities to financially support MD Anderson’s mission to eradicate cancer and to increase awareness of the No. 1-ranked cancer center in the country among friends and clients in other regions. During these years, those who know I have a nexus to the institution through this program have often contacted me when they or their family members or friends have been in need of MD Anderson’s vast reservoir of expertise. Moreover, I’ve found through notes from recipients of these holiday cards that they prefer a remembrance that’s given for the benefit of others.
Do you promise? Tell us why you’re committed to Making Cancer History® and send an e-mail to Promise@mdanderson.org.
In the Fall 2009 Issue:
- Children’s Cancer Hospital: Practicing the Art of the Possible
- A Message From Dr. Mendelsohn
- iPromise: Jeff B. Love
- Philanthropy in Action
- Among Friends: Ruth Keller
- Survivors Say: Hoda Kotb
- Research Highlights
- Project Zero Delay Speeds Drug to Patients in Record Time
- Study Uncovers Genetic Link for Bladder Cancer
- Delivering Chemotherapy Straight to Ovarian Cancer Cells
- Common Diabetes Drug Reduces Pancreatic Cancer Risk
- Protein Dubbed 'Swiss Army Knife' of DNA Repair
- Donors Make a Difference
- Farb's Legacy Opens Door in Personalized Cancer Therapy
- Student Organization Rallies to Support a 'Fine' Cause
- Randalls' Campaign Delivers Ingredients for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Couple Orchestrates Planned Gift to cover Patients' Travel Costs
- News Makers:
- MD Anderson Ranks First in Cancer Care
- Collaboration to Speed Clinical Trials, Personalized Cancer Care
- New Chair of Clinical Prevention Arrives
- Women Faculty Programs Leader Garners Recognition
- Three Embark on an Odyssey of Learning and Discovery
- "Making Cancer History" Book Signing
Keep up with the latest in cancer treatment, research, education and prevention.