Child and Adolescent Life Program
Child and Adolescent Life Specialists and Assistants are an integral part of a patient's treatment team. We understand the impact that chronic illness, painful procedures and hospital stays can have on infants, children and adolescents. Our job is to reduce the traumatic impact of cancer on patients and families by forming relationships and providing procedural education and support.
Child, Adolescent and Young Adult Life Specialists:
- Introduce children and adolescents to the hospital environment
- Accompany patients to medical procedures, including surgery and radiotherapy
- Supervise activities in the pediatric playrooms and teen hangouts
- Provide bedside activities
- Coordinate special events for patients, siblings and parents throughout the year
- Educate patients on procedures through medical play using medical supplies and life-sized teaching puppets
- Support patients and families throughout their entire journey
If you are interested in meeting one of our Child, Adolescent or Young Adult Life Specialists, please let your nurse know.
Child Life Internships and Practicums
- A Letter to Internship Applicants
- Child Life Internship Application
- Additional Internship Essay Questions
For information regarding the Child Life Internship and Practicum programs, please contact Thuy Trinh, MS, CCLS, Intern & Practicum Coordinator. 713-792-5170 (office); email@example.com