Melanoma & Skin Center
The Ben Love/El Paso Corporation Melanoma and Skin Center is committed to fighting every type and stage of skin cancer. Our goal is to give each patient personalized care that provides the most advanced treatment with the least impact on the body for:
- Melanoma of the skin (ie, cutaneous melanoma)
- Rare forms of melanoma including:
- Melanoma of the eye (uveal melanoma)
- Mucosal melanoma (for example, vaginal, rectal or sinonasal)
- Squamous cell cancer
- Basal cell cancer
- Cutaneous lymphoma
- Other skin conditions experienced by cancer patients
And at MD Anderson you’re surrounded by the strength of one of the nation’s largest and most experienced comprehensive cancer centers, which has all the services needed to treat the whole person – not just the disease.
If you have been diagnosed with melanoma or skin cancer, it is important to be evaluated by expert physicians as soon as possible. We can help. Call 1-877-632-6789 to make an appointment or request an appointment online.
Why Choose MD Anderson?
- Innovative melanoma and skin cancer treatments including lymphatic mapping and sentinel node biopsy, targeted therapy, limb perfusion, interleukin-2 and immune-based therapy
- Skilled multidisciplinary team
- Most advanced diagnostic methods
- One of the world’s largest melanoma and skin cancer programs
- Nationally recognized research program with many clinical trials for melanoma and skin cancer
Our Diagnostic Approach
Early and accurate diagnosis is key to successful treatment of melanoma and other skin cancers. Our specialists use advanced diagnostic imaging and molecular medicine for the most accurate staging and treatment planning. We use the most precise and advanced technology and techniques – many of them pioneered here.
We take a team approach to melanoma and skin cancers, bringing together top experts from many areas. They focus remarkable talent and expertise on each patient.
Our innovative treatments for melanoma and skin cancer include:
- Lymphatic mapping and sentinel node biopsy for primary melanoma
- Targeted therapies including BRAF and KIT inhibitors, and others
- Minimally invasive isolated limb perfusion
- Immunotherapy approaches including anti CTLA-4, T cell therapy, interferon and interleukin-2
- Cancer vaccines
- Mohs surgery
- UV light treatments
- Lymphedema management
Our Clinical Trials
Since 2004, the National Cancer Institute has awarded MD Anderson a prestigious multi-million dollar Specialized Programs of Research Excellence (SPORE) grant to study melanoma. Multiple other awards contribute to our effort to advance care for our patients.
We are putting it to work to:
- Develop new melanoma vaccines
- Identify how DNA repair enzymes may associate with melanoma risk
- Identify genes that control the body’s immune responses
- Find antibodies to block melanoma tumor growth factors
- Develop new prognostic models for melanoma
- Integrate conventional and molecular endpoints in melanoma to develop improved staging, prognostic and predictive models
To find out more about clinical trials at MD Anderson for melanoma and skin cancer, visit our Clinical Trials database or speak to your doctor.
Make an Appointment
AIM for the CURE Melanoma Walk
Co-hosted by MD Anderson and the AIM at Melanoma Foundation, this 5K event benefits MD Anderson melanoma research.
When: Saturday, September 20, 2014
Where: Valet Area, Mays Clinic, MD Anderson Cancer Center
For more information, email email@example.com, or call 713-745-1804.