Inflammatory Breast Cancer Clinic
Breast cancer does not always present with a lump. A swollen red breast often with an inverted nipple and no lump is the classic appearance of inflammatory breast cancer, the most aggressive type of breast cancer.
MD Anderson has been leading the way in pioneering inflammatory breast cancer (IBC) treatment. Since 2006, MD Anderson has been treating patients in the Morgan Welch Inflammatory Breast Cancer Clinic, dedicated exclusively for women with IBC.
The Morgan Welch Inflammatory Breast Cancer Clinic accepts both newly diagnosed and previously treated IBC patients, and we have clinics for new patients every day. Treatment is individualized to each patient, and our multidisciplinary team of oncologists, surgeons, radiation oncologists and specially trained support staff oversee every aspect the treatment and care plan.
Patients will also have access to clinical trials that offer novel therapies to treat this rare disease. Our international tissue registry includes tumor samples from all over the world and represents a crucial resource to help understand and potentially lead to a cure for inflammatory breast cancer.
Morgan Welch IBC Clinic Information
Location: Mays Clinic Building, 5th floor | Get Directions
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
IBC Treatment Team
The IBC team includes physicians from every specialty to provide expert guidance in all aspects of IBC treatment, including pathology, imaging, chemotherapy, surgery and radiation therapy.
Make an Appointment
MD Anderson Resources
- Pain Management Clinic can help control cancer-related pain with effective therapies
- Integrative Medicine Center provides guidance on nutrition, exercise and complementary therapies
- Supportive Care Center provides symptom control related to cancer and/or cancer treatment
- Rehabilitation Services provides physical therapies and lymphedema control
- myCancerConnection will match you with a member who has had the same cancer diagnosis and treatment
- The Learning Center provides the latest information about health, cancer, and cancer prevention