Held the last Monday in August, which is also the first day of the Fall Semester
New students obtain clearance to start the school year and receive their student ID badges
There are opportunities to find out about the many services accessible to students. Representatives from the following departments and services will be available to new students during this time: UT Registrar's office, UT Police department, MD Anderson Research Medical Library, Texas Medical Center parking office, Houston's Metro (public transportation by rail or bus) and many others.
Student Congress Meetings
- Held the first Tuesday of the Fall semester to select:
- Student Congress Officers
- Representatives to the UT System Student Advisory Council
- Representatives to the Texas Medical Center Student Advisory Council
- The Congress continues to meet monthly throughout the academic year to:
- Consider student concerns or issues
- Hear reports from the Student Advisory Councils
- Plan student participation in community outreach projects
Scholarship Award Luncheon : Held once a year to honor scholarship recipients and donors.
Commencement: third Friday of August
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center School of Health Professions Student Congress is an elected student body designed to represent all program disciplines in the School of Health Professions.
The Student Congress elects students to represent the School of Health Professions as follows:
UT System Student Advisory Council
- Two student representatives to the UT System
- The Advisory Council meets three times a year
- The Council provides input to the UT System Board of Regents working through and with the chancellor and UT System Administration on issues of student concern.
Texas Medical Center Student Advisory Council
- Three student representatives to serve on the Texas Medical Center (TMC) Advisory Council
- This council meets five times a year to provide input to Texas Medical Center representatives on better ways for the TMC to serve students during their academic tenure