Student Life & Community Outreach
Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgender Network
Note: Website can be found on the MD Anderson intranet.
The mission of MD Anderson GLBT Network is to establish a network of individuals who will identify the issues and concerns of GLBT employees and students, focusing on MD Anderson’s core values and mission.
- School of Health Professions Student Congress
- Representation on the SACS Compliance Committee
- Representation on the Joint Student Affairs Council
- Representation on the Alumni & Faculty Association Steering Committee
- Representation on the UT System Student InterCouncil
Volunteer and Community Outreach Opportunities
List of Local Volunteer Services
Note: Pages will open in a new browser window.
- United Cerebral Palsy of Greater Houston - Interpreters (Cantonese or Mandarin), Bellaire, Texas 77401
- Healthcare for the Homeless - Houston Information/Desk/Clinic Host, Houston, Texas 77002
- StandUp For Kids - Stabilize and assist homeless kids, Houston, Texas
- Harris County Psychiatric Center - Tutor for teens, Houston, Texas 77021
- Houston Area Women’s Center (HAWC) - Crisis Hotline volunteers for domestic and sexual abuse, Houston, Texas 77019
- Houston SPCA - Pet adoption counselor, Houston, Texas 77024
- Houston Habitat for Humanity - Assist in building homes, assist in the office, work in the ReStore and help with special projects that benefit the organization, Houston, Texas
Institutional Outreach - UNITED TO SERVE
Held in conjunction with National Volunteer Week, United to Serve is a system-wide event that combines the volunteer efforts of students, faculty and staff across the UT System.
MD Anderson maintains a community outreach program for all students that is designed to meet specific community needs, such as food drives, Toys for Tots and Habitat for Humanity.