Review in Clinical Cytogenetics
An Internet-Based Course with Ongoing Enrollment
This online review course is designed to prepare participants for successful completion of the Cytogenetic Technologist certification exam, or cytogenetic personnel eligible to sit for the Clinical Laboratory Specialist in Cytogenetics Board of Certification (BOC) Exam CG(ASCP) given by the:
American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP)
33 West Monroe Street, Suite 1600
Chicago, IL 60603
Course participants will have an opportunity to review topics specified in the ASCP BOC content outline.
This review course is not sanctioned, endorsed , or sponsored by the American Society for Clinical Pathology.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the key areas to study in order to prepare for a national certification exam.
- Demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot frequently encountered problems in both prenatal and cancer cytogenetic laboratories.
- Organize study time in an effective and efficient manner.
- Increase your fund of knowledge by analyzing current procedures to arrive at accurate conclusions and appropriate courses of action.
Listed below are the key features of the review:
Highly qualified and experienced faculty have developed these Internet-based modules.
An extensive course of study provides an outline of each subject area, case studies, charts, diagrams and other helpful material so that you effectively organize your study time.
Practice questions and problems help you identify challenges in time to effect some changes.
- Simulated Exam
Two 200-question simulated computer certification exams provide you with test-taking practice in advance of your certification exam.
Test-taking tips focus on a variety of strategies you can use.
The Review in Cytogenetics material includes:
- Mock Exams
At the end of the review course you will have an opportunity to practice taking two mock exams similar to the ASCP BOC exam. This will help to identify those subjects areas in which you are still having difficulty within sufficient time to correct problems before taking the ASCP BOC exam.
- Power Point Presentations
Listen to the 2010 in-house review presentations given by The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center faculty in each test content area.
- Pre and Post-Module Quizzes
Each module contains a set of pre- and post-test quizzes to allow you to chart your progress through each of the sections.
- Test-Taking Strategies
Learn how to improve your test-taking skills. Strategies include:
- Techniques to help you relax
- Tips to help you increase your concentration
- Methods to help you obtain the most from your study time
- Web Links
If you would like to know more about a particular subject, just click on the various links available throughout this module.
- Extra Features
This online course is full of colorful images and photographs. Many scientific terms are linked to an interactive glossary. Just click on the word and see the definition. Having trouble with chromosome identification? Module 8 is designed to hone your chromosome identification skills.
Registration and Purchase of Review in Cytogenetics material
Download and print Registration and Order Form(pdf) for the following items:
- Printed study guide only, $150
- Online course only, $250
- Online course and printed study guide, $350
For further information, contact Brenda Anderson at 713-563-3098 or email@example.com.
- As soon as you have paid and then been enrolled, you may take the online course at your own convenience.
- Use your Sakai user name and password to log in on the Sakai Web Page
- Please note: Your enrollment in this online course will expire after 365 days.