Education Credentials Obtained Outside U. S.
Please Note: Pages will open in a new browser window. MD Anderson does not endorse external sites.
Applicants for Research trainee positions at MD Anderson who earned degrees or obtained educational credentials outside the United States that will be used to meet the minimum education requirement for the position of consideration must submit a credential evaluation prior to the extension of an offer.
The evaluating company must provide:
- a certified translation of your diploma, if not in English;
- verification of accreditation of the foreign university;
- the equivalency of non-U.S. degree(s) to a U.S. degree(s); and
- verification of your attendance at and graduation from that university.
Any expenses to obtain this evaluation will the responsibility of the candidate. Please instruct the evaluation company to mail the original evaluation to your department of appointment.
The following is a list of accredited education evaluation companies that provide foreign educational evaluations that meet institutional requirements for research trainees:
- Consultancy on International Education
- Educational Records Evaluation Service, Inc.
- Foundation for International Services, Inc.
- Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
- SpanTran Educational Services, Inc.
- Global Education Group, Inc.
- Education International
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center does not endorse any of the listed companies; rather, as accredited foreign education evaluation agencies, they have been identified as providing sufficient and acceptable foreign education evaluation services.
Please note: An Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certificate will not substitute for a credential evaluation.