Program Steering Committee
As the main organizational structure that provides external advice to the Partnership, the Program Steering Committee:
- Provides recommendations for establishing overall priorities, changing directions;and identifying new areas of opportunity
- Reviewing current pilot projects and programs and recommending their continuation, triage or application for external funding through traditional mechanisms
- Reviewing and recommending changes in the institutional commitment of resources to the partnership
- Providing guidance and advice in the planning and submission of other grants
The Program Steering Committee consists of a group of nationally recognized leaders in cancer research. Members of the committee hold leadership positions at their respective institutions and have extensive expertise in cancer research, training and working with minority populations.
- Raymond DuBois, M.D., Ph.D., PSC Chairperson
Executive Center Director and Professor
The Biodesign Institute of Arizona State University
- William T. Beck, Ph.D.
Professor, Pharmacology and Molecular Genetics
Head, Department of Biopharmaceutical Sciences
Associate Dean for Research, College of Pharmacy
The University of Illinois at Chicago
- Moon Chen, Jr., Ph.D., M.P.H.
Professor and Associate Director, Population Research
and Cancer Disparities
University of California- Davis Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Peter Mueller, M.S., Ph.D.
The University of Texas at Austin
- Cathy Melvin, M.P.H., Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Public Health Sciences
The University of South Carolina
Charleston, South Carolina
- Edith Perez, M.D.
Director and Professor, Breast Clinic and Hematology/Oncology
The Mayo Clinic
- Peter Ogunbiyi, D.V.M., Ph.D., Ex Officio
Program Director, Diversity Training Branch
Center to Reduce Cancer Health Disparities
National Cancer Institute