Program Steering Committee
As the main organizational structure that provides external advice to the Partnership, the Program Steering Committee:
- Provides recommendations for establishing overall priorities, changing directions;and identifying new areas of opportunity
- Reviewing current pilot projects and programs and recommending their continuation, triage or application for external funding through traditional mechanisms
- Reviewing and recommending changes in the institutional commitment of resources to the partnership
- Providing guidance and advice in the planning and submission of other grants
The Program Steering Committee consists of a group of nationally recognized leaders in cancer research. Members of the committee hold leadership positions at their respective institutions and have extensive expertise in cancer research, training and working with minority populations.
- William T. Beck, Ph.D., PSC Chairperson
Professor, Pharmacology and Molecular Genetics
Head, Department of Biopharmaceutical Sciences
Associate Dean for Research, College of Pharmacy
The University of Illinois at Chicago
- Moon Chen, Jr., Ph.D., M.P.H.
Professor and Associate Director, Population Research
and Cancer Disparities
University of California- Davis Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Karen Emmons, Ph.D.
Professor, Society, Human Development and Health
Associate Dean for Research, Harvard School of Public Health
Deputy Director, Center for Community Based Research
Dana Farber Cancer Institute
- Rafael Irizarry, Ph.D.
Professor, Biostatistics, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School
of Public Health
- Electra Paskett, Ph.D., M.P.H.
Professor, Epidemiology, College of Public Health
The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Roman Perez-Soler, M.D.
Professor, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Chief of Medical Oncology Division, Montefiore Medical Center
- Peter Ogunbiyi, D.V.M., Ph.D.
Program Director, Diversity Training Branch
Center to Reduce Cancer Health Disparities
National Cancer Institute