Postdoc Appreciation Week
The National Postdoc Appreciation Week aims to recognize the tremendous contributions that postdoctoral fellows make to science every day. In 2010, the U.S. House of Representatives officially recognized this event sponsored by the National Postdoctoral Association (NPA).
National Postdoc Appreciation Week - 2014
National Postdoc Appreciation Week Events:
- Monday Onstead Ice Cream Party 1-2:30 pm
- Tuesday SCR1/2 Ice Cream Party 12 noon-1:30 pm
- Wednesday SCR1/2 Breakfast (bring your Mentor) 9-10:30 am
- Thursday Onstead Breakfast (bring your mentor) 9-10:30 am
- Friday Onstead The LEGO Movie (family friendly) and Games 5-8 pm
More details will follow.
National Postdoc Appreciation Week - 2013
National Postdoc Appreciation Week - 2012
National Postdoc Appreciation Week - 2011
Lunch and lectures
- Work-Life Balance: Challenges Facing Postdocs, featuring Warren Holleman, Ph.D., Professor, Behavioral Science
- Conflict Management in the Workplace, featuring William Brock, Ph.D., Professor, Experimental Radiation Oncology, and Ombudsperson
- Funding Opportunities and Grant Basics for Postdoctoral Fellows, featuring Michael LeMoine, Jr., Training Specialist, Office of Sponsored Programs
- Postdoctoral Cake and Coffee Breaks, held on South Campus and Main Campus.
National Postdoc Appreciation Week - 2010
Postdoctoral Coffee Breaks and gym bag distribution
First Annual National Postdoc Appreciation Day - 2009
In conjunction with Postdoktoberfest 2009, hosted by the Postdoctoral Offices of MD Anderson Cancer Center, UTHSCH, and Baylor College of Medicine