Integrative Medicine Program Workshop
The Integrative Medicine Program Workshop is designed for national and international healthcare professionals interested in learning more about integrative medicine in a comprehensive cancer center. The primary goal of the program is to expose the participant to key aspects of Integrative Oncology at MD Anderson.
Attendees will gain valuable information on establishing, expanding, or maintaining an integrative oncology program. You will learn about our clinical programs and operations, research, and education programs. You will meet and interact with the program leaders and other key faculty and staff during the various lectures. Attendees will also experience dynamic group programs sessions such as Exploring Music for Relaxation and Meditation. You will have the unique opportunity to observe the multidisciplinary team approach to patient care when you attend the weekly clinic team meeting. The program schedule is attached below.
If you are interested in participating in one of our bi-annual programs, please follow the instructions detailed below.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must complete and return the Workshop Information Form (doc) to Felicia Stephens, program coordinator, via email at email@example.com, or via U.S. mail at the following address:
Integrative Medicine Program
MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Blvd., Unit 462
Houston, Texas 77030
Attn: Felicia Stephens
- Workshop Information Form is completed and returned, along with a copy of the applicant's CV.
- Information Form is evaluated by our faculty committee.
- If approved, a profile is created for the applicant in the Discover online application database.
- Applicant is sent an automatically generated link to complete the application process through Discover and a separate e-mail containing a program payment invoice (payment must be received by the deadlines stated below).
- Applicant completes the application and submits all mandatory attachments (i.e. letter from your home institution, tuberculosis screening form). Please use the templates provided through the system.
- Once all documents and payment are received, Mrs. Stephens will create a Letter of Recommendation for the applicant and submit all documents to our Trainee Alumni Affairs department for processing. (This process takes approximately 30 days from the time they are submitted, pending all documents are in order. Partial applications can not be submitted for processing. Please allow an additional 2 weeks for international visitors).
The fee to attend this program is $500.00 (This fee is non-refundable for approved participants). Make checks payable to the MD Anderson Cancer Center. Checks should be mailed to Felicia Stephens at the address above. Payment deadlines are as follows:
- To attend the April program, payment must be received no later than the preceding January 1st.
- To attend the November program, payment must be received no later than the preceding September 1st.
- If payment is not received by the deadline, the applicant's spot will be opened and filled with an applicant on the wait list.