Sister Institution Network Fund (SINF)
The Sister Institution Network Fund (SINF) is the first financial support GAP has offered to researchers at MD Anderson who are working with our Sister Institutions (SIs) worldwide. Launched in 2010, the first round of funding occurred in 2011 and the second round in early 2012. The awarded SINF projects, accessible using the link below and to the right, successfully partnered MD Anderson faculty with more than 15 SIs. The goal of the SINF program is to seed collaborative research between MD Anderson, our SIs, extensions, and other global partners. This initial support is intended to assist projects that will ultimately compete for funding from external agencies.
If you do not already have collaborative partners within our Sister Institution Network, please use MD Anderson's SciVal Experts to help identify potential partners.
2013 SINF RFA Announcement - Deadline: July 22, 2013
GAP is pleased to announce the third round of SINF funding. This RFA announcement provides details on the application process, deadline and requirements.
Several updates were made to the program last year and still apply to this year's funding cycle:
- MD Anderson faculty in Research Faculty Appointments and Clinical Faculty Appointments are eligible
- Strong preference will be given to projects involving more than one Sister Institution
- New partner institutions are eligible to participate in collaboration with one or more Sister Institutions
Application Guidelines and Forms:
- SINF Program Guidelines (pdf) - provides information about the SINF program.
- SINF Application (doc) - required application form for SINF participants (includes details on project, PI, budget, etc.).
- SINF Application Guidelines (pdf) - provides information on how to complete the SINF application form.
For more information, please contact us via email at SINF@mdanderson.org.
SINF Grants and Recipients
Print or download our
GAP SI Brochure (high res. pdf,
large file - 17 MB)