Annual GAP Conference Additional Information
2012 GAP Conference, May 14-16, Oslo, Norway
This year's GAP Conference will be hosted by the Norwegian Cancer Consortium (NCC), which includes Stavanger University Hospital, Oslo University Hospital and the National Cancer Registry of Norway.
To allow delegates to view posters at their leisure, posters will be presented in Valhall Exhibition Hall in the same location as the conference's coffee breaks. Please ensure your poster is in place as soon after you arrive as possible. Posters should be no larger than 90cm x 120 cm. Posters will be divided by workshop. Each workshop will have an assigned number, which will be provided to you when you arrive by staff in the poster exhibition hall. Posters can be secured with velcro or pins and will be provided.
An additional Poster Session will take place on Tuesday, May 14, from 1700 - 1830. We encourage all delegates and poster presenters to attend. .
NCC also has a GAP Conference 2012 website where you can register for accommodations at Holmenkollen Park Hotel Rica and see more about Norway. When you register on the website, the conference room rate will be used, which is 1095 Kroner ($190 USD) for a single and 1295 Kroner ($225 USD) for a double. The price includes all taxes and a breakfast buffet. There is a 48 hour cancellation policy.
Keynotes and Workshops Announced
Take a look at the list of Keynotes and Workshops and their associated NCC and MD Anderson co-chairs and read brief descriptions of the sessions below. If you are interested in submitting an abstract, please contact your Sister Institution's associated GAP liaison. Please use the abstract form for any submissions.
Personalized Cancer Medicine
- Laboratory and clinically-oriented personal cancer medicine.
- Lymphoma biology and translational research.
- Clinical studies on malignant lymphomas.
- Chemo-radiotherapy of colorectal cancer: treatment efficacy and side effects
- Prognostic and predictive molecular factors
- Clinical and translational research
- Minimally invasive surgery for rectal cancer
- Target therapy strategies for today and tomorrow in ovarian cancer
- State of the art of chemotherapy in the management of recurrent ovarian cancer
- HPV testing - does it help?
- Vaccination in gynecologic cancer
- Minimally invasive surgery for gynecologic cancers
- Biology and therapy of cancer metastasis
- Targeted therapy in lung cancer
- Novel targets for therapeutic intervention
- Multidisciplinary care for lung cancer - overview of current trends in treatment
- Early stage and techniques on evaluation and surgery
- Role of radiation and newer technology in treatment
- Treatment and research
- Integrating palliative care into oncologic practice
- Assessment of symptoms - common tools
- Advanced cancer pain management
- Cachexia - new strategies for management
- Palliative surgery
- Difficult conversations
Cancer Patient Cohorts
- Current state and future directions in creation of cancer patient cohorts: study design and research infrastructure
- Utilization of cancer patient cohorts: predictors of clinical outcomes; integration of clinical, genomic and lifestyle factors to build prediction models
New Drugs R&D
- Peptid vaccines
- Dendritic cell vaccine in melanoma and glioblastoma
- Cationic peptide creating tumor necrosis and immunity in animal biologics
- Novel immunotherapy strategies for cancer
- Translational and clinical research in cancer immunotherapy including cancer vaccines
- Collaborative research opportunities - surgical approaches, systemic approaches and translational research approaches
- Clinical topics
- Emerging targeted therapies for breast cancer
- Inflammatory breast cancer
- Modern concepts of neoadjuvant clinical trials
- Late toxicity of cancer treatments
- Translational studies
- Breast cancer molecular profiles - clinical aspects and implications
- Monitoring minimal residual disease
- Physical activity and metabolic processes - basic knowledge and clinical impact
- New insights in liver cancer and metastases - stem cells, genomics, immunological mechanisms of colorectal metastases and therapeutics
- Oncologic outcomes from local treatment
- Quality of life after local treatment
- Management of the screening controversy and strategies to expand active surveillance
- Advanced disease - predicting response to treatment, novel markers
Head and Neck
- Delineation of tumor based on integrating images from PET/CT/MRI
- Improvement of local/loco-regional control rates by extended use of radio-chemotherapy
- Should HPV-positive oropharyngeal patients be treated differently than HPV-negative patients?
- Hypoxia in head and neck tumors
- Improving the quality of head and neck cancer care
- Decision making for post RT/Chemo-RT neck dissection in the N+ patient
- The molecular basis for personalized head and neck cancer treatment
- Assessing functional outcomes and quality of life after treatment for head and neck cancer
- The role for surgery in early to intermediate stage larynx cancer
- Non-melanoma skin cancer - is there a role for targeted therapy?
- Rights to tissue samples and associated data banked for research
- Public perceptions of biobanking - ethical concerns
- Clinical vs. research-specific acquired samples
- Clinical biobanks vs. population biobanks
- Quality assurance in diagnostic biobanks
- Informatics and databases
- Second malignancies
- Life style changes
- Models of care delivery
- Psychosocial issues
Nursing (see complete details)
- Oncology nursing: supporting patients living with, through and beyond cancer
- The MD Anderson Radiation Oncology Gilbert H.Fletcher Society 2015 Annual Meeting - June 12 - 14, 2015
Hunan Cancer Hospital, Changsha, P.R. China
- GAP 2015 Conference - April 14-16, 2015
MD Anderson Cancer Center, Hickey Auditorium, Houston, Texas
- Global Lens, Local Focus: Applying the Lessons of Global Health to Reduce Health Disparities in the US - May 5, 2015
Rice University, BRC 1st Floor, 6500 Main St, Houston, TX
- 9th SIOP Asia Congress - April 25-27, 2015
Le Royal Hotel, Amman, Jordan
Abstract submission deadline: January 15, 2015