Professional development can be defined in two ways:
1.) The advancement of skills or expertise to succeed in a particular profession, esp. through continued education. (Dictionary.com)
2.) The process of obtaining the skills, qualifications, and experience that allows you to make progress in your career. (Macmillan Dictionary)
These definitions demonstrate that professional development is a comprehensive, sustained, and intensive approach to improving the “gaps” identified in an individual’s professional DNA. The CPD&E’s 4-Step Model for Professional Development establishes a framework for a self-directed, customized professional development plan for researchers and clinicians.
Professional Development offered by CPD&E is comprised of four key areas of support to trainees and students. Those areas included:
- Curriculum – Creating awareness through courses designed to fill in “gaps” of knowledge
- Advising – Providing experience/informed guidance to the professional development and entrepreneurial processes.
- Programs – Establishing skill development opportunities to hone professional and technical skills through internships and partnerships with organizations from across the biomedical landscape.
- Resources – Offering practical tools and events to enhance the development process such as networking events and mentoring opportunities.
For more information regarding Professional Development, contact CPD&E at email@example.com.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT SEMINARS
- Thursday, February 5, 2015
3 - 4:30 p.m.
INDUSTRY INSIGHTS SERIES
- Thursday, March 19, 015
12 - 1:30 p.m.
Founder & CEO
Register to open soon