Employee Health & Well-being
Employee Health & Well-being provides comprehensive integrated programs and services to MD Anderson employees, including:
To improve the overall health and well-being of our employees and MD Anderson.
We will provide accessible and innovative solutions to enhance health and to balance work and family responsibilities.
CEO Cancer Gold Standard
MD Anderson is a CEO Cancer Gold Standard Accredited Institution. The accreditation is given by the CEO Roundtable on Cancer, a national workplace wellness organization founded in 2001 when former President George H.W. Bush challenged a group of executives to “do something bold and venturesome about cancer within their own corporate families.” The CEOs responded with the CEO Cancer Gold Standard and have since collaborated with the American Cancer Society to encourage its widespread adoption in workplaces across the country.
To earn Gold Standard accreditation, companies must evaluate their benefits, programs, and workplace culture and take action in 5 key areas to reduce cancer risk in the workplace:
- Reduce tobacco use
- Promote a healthful diet and nutrition
- Encourage physical activity
- Offer cancer prevention, screening and early detection
- Provide access to quality treatment and clinical trials
Visit CEO Cancer Gold Standard for more information.
- To submit a waiver and declination form, visit the internal site.
- Walk MD Anderson pathway map (pdf)
Resources for Employee Health & Well-being
Employee Accident Report (pdf)
FAQ: Work-Injury IMO Network (pdf)
FAQ: Work-Injury IMO Network (Bastrop and Smithville) (pdf)
Report needlesticks to 713-604-OUCH (6824)
Contact a wellness coach at
713-745-WELL (9355) or
Emergency Benefits Information
If an emergency closes Human Resources, remember the following:
- You and your covered dependents should carry your medical and prescription cards with you at all times.
- All benefits questions should be directed to UT System at (800) 888-6824 or (512) 499-4616.
Under normal operations, please call 713-745-myHR (6947).