Automated DNA Isolation
- Genomic DNA from tissues, cell cultures or serum
- Standard analysis by PCR and gel electrophoresis
- PCR with fluorescent primers, fragment analysis on ABI 3500 Genetic Analyzer
- Custom primer/assay design
- Standard analysis on ABI 3500 Genetic Analyzer
- Alternative chemistries, e.g., dGTP, dRhodamine, BigDye 1.1 and Sequence EnhanceR
- Sequence assembly, multiple sequence alignment
- Deep sequencing with Illumina HiSeq 3000, NextSeq 500, and MiSeq instruments
Quantitative Real-Time PCR
- Gene expression analysis
- Custom assay design and development
- Transgenic mouse zygosity and genomic copy number analysis
- Pathway-specific PCR SuperArray
- Custom-designed chip
- 1D and 2D PAGE, 2D DIGE, digital differential expression analysis, 2D western blotting, iTRAQ labeling and differential
protein expression profiling analysis
- Protein pre-fractionation, abundant serum/plasma protein depletion, glycopeptide enrichment/profiling
- In-gel digestion and preparation of samples for mass spectroscopy analysis
- Antibody array (pathway-specific and/or phospho-specific)
Wang XS, Williams LA, Eng C, et al. Validation and application of a module of the M. D. Anderson Symptom Inventory for measuring multiple symptoms in patients with gastrointestinal cancer (the MDASI-GI). Cancer 116(8): 2053-2063, 2010.
Cleeland CS, Mendoza TR, Wang XS, et al. Assessing Symptom Distress in Cancer: The M. D. Anderson Symptom Inventory. Cancer 2000; 89:1634-1646.
Janjan NA, Wang XS, Mendoza TR, et al. Utility of the M. D. Anderson Symptom Inventory (MDASI) for symptom evaluation during chemoradiation in patients with gastrointestinal malignancies [abstract]. American Society of Clinical Oncology 43rd Annual Meeting, Chicago IL, Jun 1-5, 2007. J Clin Oncol 25(18 Suppl), 2007; 6613.
The Virginia Harris Cockrell Cancer Research Center
at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Science Park
Department of Epigenetics and Molecular Carcinogenesis
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 389, Smithville, Texas 78957
Physical Address: 1808 Park Road 1C, Smithville, Texas 78957
Jianjun (J-J) Shen, Ph.D.
Director, Molecular Biology Core
Professor, Department of Epigenetics and Molecular Carcinogenesis