The Pediatrics divsion includes 16 medical and research teams focused on children’s cancer problems and solutions.
Our faculty, staff, and colleagues from other divisions at MD Anderson work to expand clinical care and research that benefits pediatric patients during their treatment and into survivorship. Each team addresses specific needs and has multiple members. Some of the faculty and their teams are listed below.
Division head: Richard Gorlick, M.D.
Biospecimen acquisitions team
Clinical trials team
- Clinical lead: Erica Ward, R.N., M.S., P.N.P.
- Research lead: Jonathan Gill, M.D.
Critical care team
- Clinical lead: Rodrigo Mejia, M.D.
- Research lead: Shehla Razvi, M.D.
Energy balance team
- Clinical lead: Shehla Razvi, M.D.
- Research lead: Keri Schadler, Ph.D.
Interacting subspecialty team
- Clinical lead: Andrea Hayes-Jordan, M.D.
Neuro solid tumor team
Pedi solid tumor team
- Clinical lead: Douglas Harrison, M.D.
Stem cell transplantation team
- Clinical lead: Katie Ahlstrom, R.N., M.S.N., F.N.P., C.P.H.O.N.
- Research lead: Jessica Wade, R.N.
- Clinical lead: Martha Askins, M.D.
- Research lead: Angela Yarbrough, R.N., M.S.N., F.N.P.