MD Anderson Cancer Center Board of Visitors Welcomes New Members
MD Anderson News Release 11/28/2011
Incoming 16 Will Join Efforts to Support Institution's Mission to Eradicate Cancer
MD Anderson News Release 11/28/11
The MD Anderson Cancer Center Board of Visitors (BOV), an appointive board of volunteers dedicated to advancing the initiatives of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, welcomes 16 new members in Fiscal Year 2012. These business and community leaders from Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico and Georgia join more than 200 BOV members who assist in raising funds, awareness and support for MD Anderson.
"We're privileged and delighted to welcome these outstanding people who bring enormous insight and energy to the Board of Visitors," said BOV chair Nancy B. Loeffler of San Antonio. "I look forward to working together in our journey toward Making Cancer History.(r)"
Since its inception in 1957, the BOV has played a crucial role in the institution's mission to eradicate cancer, according to Patrick B. Mulvey, vice president for development at MD Anderson.
"The board is responsible for significant philanthropic contributions to the institution as well as priceless gifts of time and talents that are crucial in driving the institution's cancer research and patient care initiatives," said Mulvey.
New BOV members for FY2012 are:
Brent A. Benoit, Baytown, Texas
- partner with the law firm of Locke Lord Bissell & Liddell LLP, specializing in securities litigation and complex commercial litigation
Rosanette (Rose) Saragusa Cullen, Houston, Texas
- Community and civic volunteer
Jerry Dickman, Tulsa, Okla.
- Manager of Chapman Foundations Management, co-trustee of Chapman family charitable private foundations headquartered in Tulsa
Walter W. Driver Jr., Atlanta, Ga.
- Chairman-Southeast of Goldman Sachs & Co., a global investment banking, securities and investment management firm
Christine G. (Christy) Everest, Oklahoma City, Okla.
- Former chairman and chief executive officer for the Oklahoma Publishing Company, which publishes The Oklahoman, the state's major newspaper
James H. (Jim) Everest, Oklahoma City, Okla.
- Managing partner of Everest Brothers, partner of White Tail Farm and president of the Jean I. Everest Foundation
James L. (Jim) Gallogly, Houston, Texas
- Chief executive officer of LyondellBasell Industries, one of the world's largest olefins, polyolefins, chemicals and refining companies
Janelle Hail, Frisco, Texas
- Founder and chief executive officer of the National Breast Cancer Foundation Inc., one of the world's most highly recognized and respected breast cancer charities
Demos T. Kyrazis, Ph.D., Albuquerque, N.M.
- Principal of R-Cubed Inc., an engineering services firm he founded in 1993 specializing in high resolution atmospheric turbulence measurements
The Honorable Janiece Longoria, Houston, Texas
- Partner in the law firm of Ogden Gibson Broocks Longoria & Hall LLP and former member of The University of Texas System Board of Regents
Scott E. Rozzell, Houston, Texas
- Executive vice president, general counsel and corporate secretary of CenterPoint Energy Inc., a domestic energy delivery company
Thomas "Tom" V. Rushing, Houston, Texas
- Senior vice president-investments with the Private Banking and Investment Group at Merrill Lynch
Michael S. Samis, Oklahoma City, Okla.
- Investor with interests in real estate, oil and gas, manufacturing and health care
Jan A. Levit Silver, Houston, Texas
- Executive vice president of Grocers Supply Co. Inc
Roy S. (Steve) Thomas III, Atlanta, Ga.
- Co-founder and managing director of EastCoast Entertainment Inc., an entertainment agency with 10 offices across the country, arranging entertainment and producing events around the world
Margaret (Peggy) Thompson, Dallas, Texas
- Community volunteer involved in a number of organizations including the Nexus Recovery Center, St. Paul Foundation, Junior League of Dallas and Catholic Charities 11/28/11