Applications will be accepted from November 27, 2023-January 17, 2024 at 11:59 p.m. CST. All CATALYST summer programs will use the same application link which will be posted here. Prospective trainees may rank up to two programs to be considered for. Please do not submit multiple applications. Should you only wish to be considered for one program, then indicate your program of choice as '1' and leave option '2' blank. Please carefully review the eligibility criteria for any program that you wish to be considered for before submitting your application.
All applications must be submitted in full by January 17 in order to be considered for the 2024 program. Applications missing one or more of the required components, letters of recommendation included, will be considered incomplete and will be purged after the deadline. Please carefully monitor the status of your application to ensure that everything is submitted on time as extensions will not be granted. We realize that your referee’s response times may be slower around the holidays so please make sure they upload your letter in a timely manner. If they do not receive the invitation to upload their letter from the SLATE application system, please have them check their spam folder.
1. Launch the Application: Click the 'apply here' link on the home page after November 27 to launch the CATALYST Inquiry Form.
2. Read the required three (3) sections before completing the inquiry form: 1) Please Read Before You Apply, 2) Additional Documents Required If Selected As A Final Candidate, and 3) Onboarding Contingencies That Require Early Action
3. Complete the Inquiry Form and upload the required documents:
- Personal Information (e.g., name, email, etc.)
- Current Enrollment (i.e., your current school and enrollment dates)
- Upload Resume/CV
- Official Transcript(s)
- Statement of Research Experience and Interest (Max 5000 characters inclusive of spaces and punctuation)
Double-check these items before clicking the SUBMIT button. The Slate system will not accept revised documents.
4. Create your Slate Account. After clicking the SUBMIT button, you will receive an email from MD Anderson Education & Training (email@example.com), subject line: "Complete your Trainee Position Inquiry Request". Follow the instructions and click the hyperlink in the email to create a Slate account and request your letters of recommendation.
5. Complete the Application:
- Read the Application Instructions
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation: In the Recommendations screen, enter the contact information for both individuals who will write your letters of recommendation. Ideally, recommenders should be anyone who has known you for more than a year and preferably a faculty mentor, professor, research lab manager, or other professional in academia. After the applicant enters the recommender's information in the Slate system, the recommender will receive an email notification from firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line "Recommendation Request from YOUR NAME for MD Anderson Cancer Center" and a link to upload the letter of recommendation to your account. You will receive an email when the letter has been successfully uploaded.
- Complete the Additional Demographics and Future Plans form
- Complete the Internship or Graduation Requirement form
- Complete the Academic Awards and Honors form
Note: There is no submit button in the "Complete the Application" stage. To check the status of your application, log on to your Slate account and select 'Status' from the menu. Your application is complete when all sections are complete and both letters of recommendation have been uploaded to your account.