Basic Training: Online Course
The CERTaIN comprehensive online course includes over 50 lectures on topics in comparative effectiveness research (CER) and patient-centered outcomes research (PCOR). These lectures are available now on edX.org. Click the hyperlinks below to access each course on the edX site.
- Basic Statistics for PCOR/CER I
- Basic Statistics for PCOR/CER II
- Introduction to Comparative Effectiveness and Patient-Centered Outcomes Research
- Overview of Systematic Reviews
- Finding and Managing the Evidence from the Biomedical Literature
- Intervention Reviews Methodology
- Meta-Analysis of Clinical Trials: Direct Comparisons
- Introduction to Meta-Analysis: Indirect Comparisons
- Meta-Analysis of Non-Randomized Studies
- Diagnostic Test Evaluation
- Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Economic Evaluation
- Decision Analysis for Outcomes Research
- Overview of Using Observational Data in Comparative Effectiveness Research (CER)
- Cancer Registries and Data Linkage
- SEER-Medicaid and Other Data Sources
- Overview of Analytic Methods I
- Overview of Analytic Methods II
- Longitudinal Data Analysis
- Advanced Methods in CER I
- Advanced Methods in CER II
- Survival Analysis
- Analysis of Medical Cost Data in Observational Studies
- Healthcare Policy Research
- Engaging Patients and Stakeholders in Patient-Centered Outcomes Research
- Principles of Community-Based Participatory Research
- Shared Decision Making in Cancer: Models and Methods
- Patient Decision Support Tools in Cancer
- An Overview of Patient-Reported Outcomes in Cancer
- Designing Surveys: Asking Questions with a Purpose
- Qualitative Methods of Research
- Dissemination and Implementation Research in PCOR: Translating Knowledge into Practice
- The Role of Health Literacy in Patient-Centered Outcomes Research
- Cognitive Impairment and Participation in Research
- Behavioral Interventions in Patient-Centered Outcomes Research
- Overview of Design Options for Pragmatic Clinical Trials
- Outcome Measures in Clinical Trials
- Non-Inferiority Trials
- Basic Analytic Methods
- Basic Power and Sample Size Calculations
- SMART: Adaptive Treatment Strategies
- Introduction to Bayesian Methods
- Bayesian Designs
- Quasi-Experiment in Health Services Research
- Adaptive Trial Design
- Logistics of Clinical Trials
CERTaIN partners with ASCO University to bring you advanced training by experts in comparative effectiveness and patient-centered outcomes research.
Reducing Cancer Disparities Through Engaging Diverse Communities, Lorna H. McNeill, Ph.D., M.P.H.
Modern Psychometrics: Getting the Most from Patient-reported Data in Cancer Care, Chris Sidey-Gibbons, Ph.D.
Introduction to Network Meta-Analysis, Angeles Lopez-Olivo, M.D., Ph.D.
Pragmatic Clinical Trials, Barry Davis, M.D., Ph.D.
Medical Cost Research Using Observational Data, Tina Shih, Ph.D.
Designing Patient Decision Aids 101, Aubri Hoffman, Ph.D. and Robert Volk, Ph.D.
Patient-reported Outcomes in Cancer, Deborah Fitzsimmons, Ph.D., BN (Hons), RNA
Observational Studies and Data Sources in Cancer Research, Sharon Giordano, M.D.
Synthesis of Knowledge with Direct Meta-Analysis, Angeles Lopez-Olivo, M.D., Ph.D.
Qualitative Methods of Research, Sheryl McCurdy, Ph.D.
Note that recorded webinars can be viewed by creating a free ASCO University Account. Click "access course" on the webinar link to create your account.