Basic Training: Online Course
The CERTaIN comprehensive online course includes over 50 lectures on topics in comparative effectiveness research (CER) and patient-centered outcomes research (PCOR). Look for these lectures on EdX.org in 2017.
- Introduction to PCOR and CER
- Basic Statistics for PCOR and CER
Knowledge Synthesis Module
- Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Economic Evaluations
- Finding and Managing the Evidence from the Biomedical Literature
- Intervention Reviews Methodology
- Introduction to Network Meta-Analysis
- Meta-Analysis of Clinical Trials: Direct
- Meta-Analysis of Non-Randomized Studies
- Overview of Systematic Reviews
- Systematic Reviews of Diagnostic Tests
Observational Studies and Registries Module
- Advanced Methods in Comparative Effectiveness Research I
- Advanced Methods in Comparative Effectiveness Research II
- Analysis of Medical Cost Data in Observational Studies
- Cancer Registries and Data Linkage
- Healthcare Policy Research
- Longitudinal Data Analysis
- Overview of Analytic Methods I
- Overview of Analytic Methods II
- Overview of Using Observational Data in Comparative Effectiveness Research (CER)
- SEER-Medicaid and Other Data Sources
- Survival Analysis
Patient-Centered Outcomes Research (PCOR) Module
- An Overview of Patient-reported Outcomes in Cancer
- Behavioral Interventions in PCOR
- Cognitive Impairment and Participation in Research
- Designing Surveys: Asking Questions with a Purpose
- Dissemination and Implementation Research in PCOR: Translating Knowledge into Practice
- Engaging Patients and Stakeholders in PCOR
- Patient Decision Support Tools in Cancer
- Principles of Community-Based Participatory Research
- Qualitative Methods of Research
- Shared Decision Making in Cancer
- The Role of Health Literacy in PCOR
Pragmatic Clinical Trials and Healthcare Evaluations Module
- Adaptive Trial Design
- Basic Analytic Methods
- Basic Power and Sample Size Calculations
- Bayesian Designs
- Introduction to Bayesian Methods
- Logistics of Clinical Trials
- Non-Inferiority Trials
- Outcome Measures
- Overview of Design Options for Pragmatic Clinical Trials
- Quasi-Experiment in Health Services Research
- SMART: Adaptive Treatment Strategies
CERTaIN partners with ASCO University to bring you advanced training by experts in comparative effectiveness and patient-centered outcomes research.
Registration Open: Medical Cost Analysis, Tina Shih, Ph.D., Tuesday, December 5, 2017, 12-1p.m. CST
Designing Patient Decision Aids 101, Aubri Hoffman, Ph.D. and Robert Volk, Ph.D.
Patient-reported Outcomes in Cancer, Deborah Fitzsimmons, Ph.D., BN (Hons), RNA
Observational Studies and Data Sources in Cancer Research, Sharon Giordano, M.D.
Synthesis of Knowledge with Direct Meta-Analysis, Angeles Lopez-Olivo, M.D., Ph.D.
Qualitative Methods of Research, Sheryl McCurdy, Ph.D.
Note that recorded webinars can be viewed by creating a free ASCO University Account. Click "access course" on the webinar link to create your account.