Basic Training: Online Course
The CERTaIN comprehensive online course includes over 50 lectures on topics in comparative effectiveness research (CER) and patient-centered outcomes research (PCOR). Look for these lectures on EdX.org in 2017.
- Introduction to PCOR and CER
- Basic Statistics for PCOR and CER
Knowledge Synthesis Module
- Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Economic Evaluations
- Finding and Managing the Evidence from the Biomedical Literature
- Intervention Reviews Methodology
- Introduction to Network Meta-Analysis
- Meta-Analysis of Clinical Trials: Direct
- Meta-Analysis of Non-Randomized Studies
- Overview of Systematic Reviews
- Systematic Reviews of Diagnostic Tests
Observational Studies and Registries Module
- Advanced Methods in Comparative Effectiveness Research I
- Advanced Methods in Comparative Effectiveness Research II
- Analysis of Medical Cost Data in Observational Studies
- Cancer Registries and Data Linkage
- Healthcare Policy Research
- Longitudinal Data Analysis
- Overview of Analytic Methods I
- Overview of Analytic Methods II
- Overview of Using Observational Data in Comparative Effectiveness Research (CER)
- SEER-Medicaid and Other Data Sources
- Survival Analysis
Patient-Centered Outcomes Research (PCOR) Module
- An Overview of Patient-reported Outcomes in Cancer
- Behavioral Interventions in PCOR
- Cognitive Impairment and Participation in Research
- Designing Surveys: Asking Questions with a Purpose
- Dissemination and Implementation Research in PCOR: Translating Knowledge into Practice
- Engaging Patients and Stakeholders in PCOR
- Patient Decision Support Tools in Cancer
- Principles of Community-Based Participatory Research
- Qualitative Methods of Research
- Shared Decision Making in Cancer
- The Role of Health Literacy in PCOR
Pragmatic Clinical Trials and Healthcare Evaluations Module
- Adaptive Trial Design
- Basic Analytic Methods
- Basic Power and Sample Size Calculations
- Bayesian Designs
- Introduction to Bayesian Methods
- Logistics of Clinical Trials
- Non-Inferiority Trials
- Outcome Measures
- Overview of Design Options for Pragmatic Clinical Trials
- Quasi-Experiment in Health Services Research
- SMART: Adaptive Treatment Strategies
CERTaIN partners with ASCO University to bring you advanced training by experts in comparative effectiveness and patient-centered outcomes research.
Pragmatic Clinical Trials, Barry Davis, M.D., Ph.D.
Medical Cost Research Using Observational Data, Tina Shih, Ph.D.
Designing Patient Decision Aids 101, Aubri Hoffman, Ph.D. and Robert Volk, Ph.D.
Patient-reported Outcomes in Cancer, Deborah Fitzsimmons, Ph.D., BN (Hons), RNA
Observational Studies and Data Sources in Cancer Research, Sharon Giordano, M.D.
Synthesis of Knowledge with Direct Meta-Analysis, Angeles Lopez-Olivo, M.D., Ph.D.
Qualitative Methods of Research, Sheryl McCurdy, Ph.D.
Note that recorded webinars can be viewed by creating a free ASCO University Account. Click "access course" on the webinar link to create your account.