Opportunities are currently available in the following areas of expertise:
Req #: 00084190-191211
Job Title: Chair, Department of Interventional Radiology
The Department of Interventional Radiology, within the Division of Diagnostic Imaging at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, seeks a Chair to oversee all departmental functions and operations. The Department Chair is responsible for providing leadership and assumes full administrative responsibility for all areas of the academic department, including, but not limited to, direct patient care; basic, translational, and clinical research within the department; faculty development and evaluation; integration of educational programs; finance and budgeting; and departmental strategic planning. The Chair will provide career development opportunities and mentorship for department faculty and trainees, and foster their growth in clinical, research, academic, and professional areas. The Chair will also represent the department, division, and institution in local, regional, state, and national matters. From caring for patients, to conducting cutting-edge research, our faculty and staff are dedicated to the mission of eliminating cancer.
The Chair of the Department of Interventional Radiology will be charged with leading a nationally recognized interventional radiology department and contributing to the prevention and elimination of cancer through outstanding patient-centered image-guided interventions, transformative research, and exceptional education. Chair candidates must have a defined vision and possess the necessary skills to identify clinical and research opportunities. Leadership experience, specifically in collaboration with multiple stakeholders to achieve shared vision is strongly preferred.
Ideal applicants will be known nationally and internationally in their field and will have:
- A record of exceptional outcomes-driven patient care in academic settings, and in building clinical practice.
- Strategies to develop research priorities and methods and be able to deploy them in line with the research-driven patient care mission of the institution.
- Leadership experience in leading multi and transdisciplinary programs.
- Experience in mentorship and development of clinical and basic science researchers.
- Experience in bridging multidisciplinary collaborations between diverse disciplines across fields including: oncology, surgery, radiation, pathology, and others.
- Demonstrated skills in programmatic development, including the negotiation of agreements with clinical and industry partners.
- Demonstrated administrative competence to ensure the fiscally sound and efficient day-to-day operation of the department.
Applicants must be board‐certified by the American Board of Radiology and eligible for licensure in the State of Texas. Medical leadership/administrative experience and knowledge of program development is required. MD Anderson is committed to building a diverse community of faculty and encourages women and minorities to apply. Interested candidates should send a copy of their curriculum vitae and three references along with a supplemental narrative statement to address their qualifications (2‐3 pages) by February 15, 2020 to: IRchairsearch@mdanderson.org