Why Choose MD Anderson?
Deciding where to seek cancer treatment is difficult. We know you have many options. Here are some of the reasons why MD Anderson is your best hope for cancer care.
- We're one of the largest cancer centers in the world. We've been working to eliminate cancer for more than six decades. Our depth of experience informs every aspect of your care.
- We focus exclusively on cancer and have seen cases of every kind. Our doctors treat more rare cancers in a single day than most physicians see in a lifetime. That means you receive expert care no matter what your diagnosis.
- We have ranked as one of the top two hospitals in cancer care every year since U.S. News & World Report began its annual “America’s Best Hospitals” survey in 1990.
- Our physicians are frequently recognized as among the best in the nation by services including Best Doctors in America.
- We have more nurses per patient than many hospitals in the country, so you receive the utmost attention and quality care.
- We're world-renowned for using and developing front-line diagnostic technology. That lets physicians pinpoint each patient’s unique cancer and tailor treatment for the best possible outcome.
- One of our greatest strengths is our ability to translate today's most promising laboratory findings into tomorrow's new, more effective and less traumatic treatments. We've pioneered countless medical advances over the years. Our patients benefit from that quest by receiving not only the best treatments to minimize or eliminate their cancer, but those treatments that will also give them the best chance at a high quality of life afterwards.
- New and innovative therapies generally are available at MD Anderson several years before they become standard in the community. Our clinical trials incorporate state-of-the-art patient care, while evaluating the most recent developments in cancer medicine. They also offer treatment opportunities for difficult or aggressive tumors.
- MD Anderson ranks first in the number and amount of research grants awarded by the National Cancer Institute. By studying how cancer begins and responds to various treatments, we can help patients overcome disease and prevent recurrence.
Support & Education
At MD Anderson, we understand that cancer is not just a physical disease. To help you cope with every aspect of cancer, we provide a number of programs, including:
- Integrative Medicine Center: Offers complementary programs, free of charge, to help with the non-medical dimensions of living with cancer.
- myCancerConnection: A unique cancer support group of current and former patients who can offer the right patient-to-patient advice and encouragement when you need it most.
- The Learning Center: Provides books and other learning materials for reference and checkout by patients and their families.
- Cancer Prevention Center: Offers programs, counseling services and information to help people make healthy lifestyle choices to prevent cancer or its recurrence.
- The Jesse Jones Rotary House International: Provides a home-like environment with personnel who understand our patients’ health care needs.
Every day, we at MD Anderson renew our commitment to our core values of caring, integrity and discovery. As we continue Making Cancer History, you can rest assured we’ll be both at the forefront and by your side.
Become a Patient
In just a few simple steps, you or your doctor can begin the referral process. To see more of MD Anderson Cancer Center, you can also take our virtual tour.
MD Anderson patients have given us high praise in a recent patient satisfaction survey.
- 85% have rated MD Anderson a 9 or 10 (on a scale of 1 to 10)
- Nearly 91% are likely to recommend MD Anderson to a friend or loved one
- Learn more about our patient satisfaction scores
MD Anderson is one of the nation’s original three Comprehensive Cancer Centers and one of 38 such centers today.
Each year more than 60,000 patients turn to us for diagnosis and treatment.
More than 90% of our patients say they would definitely recommend MD Anderson to others.
We invest more than $670 million each year on research. Multidisciplinary scientists and clinicians work together on every aspect of the cancer problem.
MD Anderson's Moon Shots program is an effort to accelerate the transition of major research advances into clinical care, focusing on eight cancers:
Find Clinical Trials
Clinical trials are research studies that test new cancer drugs, diagnostic procedures and therapies on humans.